PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian army issue M-77 field boots.

FishyFolk
03-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Norwegian army issue M-77 field boots.

It's minus 15*C outside, and thse are excactly as cold as I remember them from when I used to wear them in anger...:happy-clapping:
Luckilly there are some tricks to keeping your feet warm. Like thermal innsoles, a pair of thin wool socks under a pair of thick wool socks, and wearing
Norwegian army over boots over your boots...or you can do what I did. I.e get your fat bottom inside, preferably with your feet still attached.

I was out trying to get some Aurora Borealis pictures, but only managed a few out of focus shots, and by the time I had figured out what camera settings worked for tonight,
the lady had danced away.

Can't win every time, but at least my feet are warm again :-)

Woody
03-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Norwegian army issue M-77 field boots.

It's minus 15*C outside, and thse are excactly as cold as I remember them from when I used to wear them in anger...:happy-clapping:
Luckilly there are some tricks to keeping your feet warm. Like thermal innsoles, a pair of thin wool socks under a pair of thick wool socks, and wearing
Norwegian army over boots over your boots...or you can do what I did. I.e get your fat bottom inside, preferably with your feet still attached.

I was out trying to get some Aurora Borealis pictures, but only managed a few out of focus shots, and by the time I had figured out what camera settings worked for tonight,
the lady had danced away.

Can't win every time, but at least my feet are warm again :-)
👍 there will be more of these opportunities no doubt.
Wool socks indeed.
Over here, the Arctic army surplus socks are enough to keep my feet warm but at -15 it might be a little different ;)

FishyFolk
03-01-2017, 10:12 PM
The view from my shed tonight :-)

https://s27.postimg.org/l70dmf2kz/IMG_2583_Edit_Edit.jpg

Woody
03-01-2017, 10:23 PM
The view from my shed tonight :-)

https://s27.postimg.org/l70dmf2kz/IMG_2583_Edit_Edit.jpg
😖 linky no worky ...

FishyFolk
03-01-2017, 11:02 PM
What link?

Woody
04-01-2017, 06:12 AM
Oh , it's working now!!👍👍
(I meant the photo)

Wow 😵! Nice view ! :)

OakAshandThorn
04-01-2017, 09:12 PM
They look similar to my uncle's jungle boots that he wore during his time in the US Army (81nd Airborne). They were a poor design, though, better suited to cold or at least dry environments. Wouldn't take long for them to rot in Vietnam, and those boots had a reputation for severe chafing.

Anyway, did the Norwegian army ever issue mukluks for winter wear?