PDA

View Full Version : The Honey Stove

david allen
02-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I've just watched Ashleys review on the Honey Stove, (a superb little stove) and I am thinking of aquiring one, but the question has crossed my mind about fires and how we need to seek permission to light one in certain areas. Is it the case that because the Honey Stove is self contained that the Honey Stove can be used anywhere and that permission to light a fire within it is not applicable.

jus_young
02-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I think you will probably find that in the majority of cases no fire means no fire. Its not just the issue of having an open fire pit but also the possible issues with sparking and hot ashes being dumped by those that might not necessarily think before acting.

david allen
02-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Thankyou

jus_young
02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
and welcome to the family...

Martin
03-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Hmmm, this question has come up before. I think the issue would be the same for a liquid fuel, or gas fuelled stove. The bottom line is, if there is a no flame rule then that's the rule. I can't see the difference between a stove burning wood or one burning any other fuel except that burning wood is the most 'carbon neutral' fuel.

I would think that if ever there was a case of it being 'better to apologise than to ask permission' then this is it. :)

Martin

chris grace
03-04-2011, 11:39 AM
My take on it is this .

A fire is a fire and a stove is a stove be it gas ,liquid or solid fuel.