PDA

View Full Version : Brigit Get's a Kelly Kettle

Ashley Cawley
04-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Brigit gets a Kelly Kettle as a Birthday present, a fun, comical review that is sort of reading the instructions as she tries it for the first time! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIAXHIVcIA

T^

Matt
04-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Brigit, that is absolute quality :happy-clapping: More videos please.

Regards,

Matt.

bigzee
04-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Cool!!
Good vid. I've no experience of a Kelly kettle, so It's nice to share Brigit's first. "Dropping off the grid" one day a week sounds like a damned fine idea too. It would be nice to try that (although not sure the rest of the family would think so).

Ashley Cawley
04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
... "Dropping off the grid" one day a week sounds like a damned fine idea too..
Something I'd like to work toward also :)

brigit
04-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Thank you for posting my video Ashley!!! And thank you for the comments bigzee and Matt. :)

Going off-grid for just one day a week is changing my life more than I could ever have anticipated. I've written a bit about it here if anyone's interested -

http://beestrawbridge.blogspot.com/2011/03/back-to-nature.html

B x

ANDYRAF
05-05-2011, 08:11 AM
To see such joy at accomplishing something we all take for granted, it reminds me why I love this hobby.
Thanks Brigit I really enjoyed the vid.

Andy

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Excellent. Brigit, you have done better than most experienced bushcrafters. Why can't I do things as easily? :)

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 07:18 PM
I think it is the way you done it as men seem to be so serious :)

comanighttrain
05-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Brigit you so crazy!

Great video :)

Ben Casey
05-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Brigit you so crazy!

Great video :)

I think we should start a fan club up :D

paul standley
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Wonderfully unpretentious... I am smitten...:o

This is how it should be... love it Bridget, well done.

I'm ever more impressed with the Kelly Kettle each time I see one, shame they are a bit on the pricey side...

Had never considered going 'off-grid' in that way, am going to see what I can do myself

Paul

swkieran
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
T^ its what makes britain so great,brill review are you going to do anymore bridget :happy-clapping:

brigit
05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
You lot are just lovely and i thank you SO much for all your encouragement!

I nearly didn't put the video up on youtube because it was so unpolished (and very long!) compared with other videos, but I'm glad I did now :) My plan is to make more videos over the next few years about the things I'm discovering that really matter to me - mostly nature related - so it was important that i didn't blow it with my first one. I think youtube is a great way of getting messages out to the wider world. I've certainly learned a lot from the ones I've seen on the Natural Bushcraft site.

My next one is going to be all about silver birch...including, of course, the fact that you can use the bark peelings to get a fire started!!!

jus_young
05-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I think we should start a fan club up :D

I'm in!

This is why I have become so engaged not just with bushcraft, but with this site and the meets I have attended so far. The folks on here are unpretentious, light hearted and do not take themselves too seriously. I think that everyone on here should look at what Ashley has managed to acheive with an initial vision and that the image portrayed by everyone else that uses the site keeps attracting new members for a good reason.

Adam Savage
05-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm in!

This is why I have become so engaged not just with bushcraft, but with this site and the meets I have attended so far. The folks on here are unpretentious, light hearted and do not take themselves too seriously. I think that everyone on here should look at what Ashley has managed to acheive with an initial vision and that the image portrayed by everyone else that uses the site keeps attracting new members for a good reason.

Well said that man...

RobbC
05-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Fantastic video, i really enjoyed it. And i love the 'off the grid' idea.

Robb

brigit
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
On a serious note....I've read negative comments on other forums and genuinely appreciate the fact that you have been so encouraging rather than disparaging. It's risky putting yourself out there on something like youtube!

I haven't contributed much to this forum but I do read a lot of the posts and find them really friendly and accessible. Everyone has to start somewhere - and with forums like this to help you on your way you're much more likely to succeed than give up. Big thanks to Ashley and everyone else for sharing your knowledge so freely and for not being patronising to us beginners :)

Adam Savage
07-05-2011, 10:13 PM
On a serious note....I've read negative comments on other forums and genuinely appreciate the fact that you have been so encouraging rather than disparaging. It's risky putting yourself out there on something like youtube!

I haven't contributed much to this forum but I do read a lot of the posts and find them really friendly and accessible. Everyone has to start somewhere - and with forums like this to help you on your way you're much more likely to succeed than give up. Big thanks to Ashley and everyone else for sharing your knowledge so freely and for not being patronising to us beginners :)

People would have to be barking to leave you negative feedback, or to patronise. Firstly, your efforts are better than some of the guys n gals that have been at this game for a while, and secondly, bushcraft (and any interests forum for that matter) is about supporting each other, seeing the planet we live and the people on it, as a gift, living in harmony with the world and it's inhabitants, and having a jolly good time while we do it. Society needs more people like you and the other folk on here. Keep up the top work, coz you got a huge thumbs up T^T^:)

Ben Casey
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Im with Adam there :D

jus_young
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
People would have to be barking to leave you negative feedback, or to patronise. Firstly, your efforts are better than some of the guys n gals that have been at this game for a while, and secondly, bushcraft (and any interests forum for that matter) is about supporting each other, seeing the planet we live and the people on it, as a gift, living in harmony with the world and it's inhabitants, and having a jolly good time while we do it. Society needs more people like you and the other folk on here. Keep up the top work, coz you got a huge thumbs up T^T^:)

We could get a mutual admiration club going here, as long as people don't start getting the wrong idea!

Peaks
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
What a great video - - so joyful!
Enjoyed the blog too! I really like and admire you for going off the grid - its food for thought.

Best wishes

Ashley Cawley
08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks Justin, Brigit & others for your kind comments. - That's what makes our community what it is, open and friendly to all.

Glad to hear your going to make some more Brigit :o

Ivan
08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Well Brigit , only just got chance to watch that , and it was great , love the off grid bit , i am lucky i could do that quite easily because of my location , you have inspired me to have a go ! i am so impressed with your vid , that whenever you want to come and sample my wild site on Dartmoor you can , on me of course . Bravo girl really enjoyed that , more please .

comanighttrain
08-05-2011, 04:37 PM

negative feedback from the all gear no idea crowd no doubt

Just keep it up, you'll be popular around here :)

I am jealous you managed to get the firesteel to work so fast! Its taken me about 3 days effort to get it working

drewdunnrespect
13-09-2011, 12:00 PM
What an Ausome video Bridget its brilliant and funny more please