PDA

View Full Version : My Kist List - Camping on Dartmoor

Ashley Cawley
08-05-2011, 01:50 PM
I've been camping on Dartmoor this weekend, I thought I would share with you guys/gals the kit list that I made for this trip:

I like making kit-lists because they can be useful; if your trying to trim down the kit you take the best thing you can do is make a list of absolutely everything you take, then after the trip when you get home go back down the list and mark everything you didn't use. You'll soon discover items you needn't bother taking. Hope this helps some of you.
:camping:

Ashley Cawley
08-05-2011, 01:53 PM
In this case, the items of kit (on the list above) I didn't use was:

- Video Camera
- Digital Dictaphone (very nearly used it!)
- 3 x AAA Batteries
- NBC Cards

Ben Casey
08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi Mate you dont seem to take much food or do I just take to much :D

mahikan
09-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Ok I just have to ask.
Why the NBC cards are you overly concerned by the fallout from Japan, or just expecting to report a good old nerve agent attack?

Ashley Cawley
09-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Hi Mate you dont seem to take much food or do I just take to much :DI usually do take quite a bit of food, but on this trip I didn't, had just enough for the trip. :)

Ok I just have to ask.
Why the NBC cards are you overly concerned by the fallout from Japan, or just expecting to report a good old nerve agent attack?
lol... they are NaturalBushcraft cards :p ... just cards with my website address on, so if I meet new people on the trail & we talk about Bushcraft I can give them my website address ;)

Adam Savage
05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Nice little kit list. Were the earplugs for blocking the noise of incessant snoring, from fellow campers???? :p

Ashley Cawley
05-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Nice little kit list. Were the earplugs for blocking the noise of incessant snoring, from fellow campers???? :p

Can't sleep in the outdoors without them, the smallest of noises keeps me up.

Adam Savage
05-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Can't sleep in the outdoors without them, the smallest of noises keeps me up.

Wow, thought you would have been the most at home, out of all of us, outdoors. I can't sleep without my arms inside the bag, or under a banket, no matter where I am.

Ashley Cawley
05-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Wow, thought you would have been the most at home, out of all of us, outdoors...
I don't think it's a matter of where I'm most at home - it's the same at home or outdoors for me; the smallest of sounds wake me up... like my bloody neighbours at 3am the other night! :zombie-fighting:

Adam Savage
05-06-2011, 05:14 PM
LOL, I know what you mean with that