PDA

View Full Version : Wild camping in the Lake District pics.

kINGPIN
13-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I spent this Monday and Tuesday wild camping in the lake district. It was one of the best camps I've ever had. Although the weather was wet as usual there were some good breaks in the cloud for the sun to reveal some beautiful views. All the pics are here;
http://thesecretcamper.blogspot.com/2011/05/3-days-two-nights-lake-district-walk.html

Andy

Roadkillphil
13-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Crackin pics, nd a great read, Cheers :D Stunning terain too :D

happybonzo
14-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Thanks for sharing

GwersyllaCnau
14-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Great pics

kINGPIN
15-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Cheers guys, I can't wait for the next trip. Anyone got any suggestions for the Dartmoor area?

Lukeyp23
15-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Belting scenery there mate and it looks like you had a good weekend, weather doesn't look too bad??

It shames me really, that as a Lancashire lad, I have all that on my doorstep and I really don't get up there enough!

Good post!

Luke

Martin
15-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Good blog Andy and great pictures. I'm going to be in the Lake District in two weeks time doing Scafell Pike as part of a Four Peaks Challenge. Your blog and pics have really got me excited for the place.

Martin

cuppa joe
15-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Great pics ...inspiring me to get out more .
Thanks .

kINGPIN
17-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks guys, don't worry about it Lukey, I'm sure most people are the same- I've lived in Cambridge most of my adult life and only recently gone punting on the river.

Good luck with your trip Martin, Scarfell Pike is on my 'to do' list this year. Any chance you can post your route some time? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Cheers Joe, 'just do it' TM:D

Martin
17-05-2011, 08:29 AM
...Good luck with your trip Martin, Scarfell Pike is on my 'to do' list this year. Any chance you can post your route some time? I'd be interested in seeing it.

I will be taking my GPS on all four peaks so I can download the routes to Memory Map when I get home. Not quite sure how to get the maps off there onto here but I'm sure there will be a way.

Depending on how things go, I hope to be keeping a video and photographic diary of the challenge and will bore you all on here with it for weeks to come. ;)

Martin

kINGPIN
19-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Martin, I have just started up a blog where people can post up what they have been up to, if you fancy being one of the first users after your trip I would be happy to post it. http://yououtdoors.blogspot.com/2011/05/introduction-to-yououtdoors.html

Martin
19-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Looks like a good idea. I'll make sure to send you the details. Got to try really hard to document this trip fully. I get so busy doing it, I forget to record it half the time. :(

Martin

paul standley
19-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Stunning scenary, I've never been to the lakes, crazy really but hey ho... from this year we hope to get around UK a bit more instead of going abroad.

The photo's and the narrative are great and thanks for taking the time, I know it's pretty time consuming all in...

Paul.

kINGPIN
22-05-2011, 06:34 AM
My thoughts entirely Paul. We have so many nice areas in England not to mention the UK. Dartmoor, Cotswolds, Yorkshire Dales are the ones I aim to do by the end of the year. And a trip to Scotland may be on the cards too.

tinkers
22-05-2011, 01:57 PM
great set of pics and a good read too, the weather may have been a little on the damp side but it looks like you still had a great time.

jikido
15-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Brilliant, an excelent location. Biggest problem I have is water, and that didn't seem to be a problem there.

We live in such a beautiful country. I have only stealth camped once with somebody else. Its a totally different experience. Its nice to have a bit company and its lovely on my own. It feels like I own it all, in reality I actually do

kINGPIN
18-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the comments lads.

@jikido. One thing you are never short of in the lake district is water!lol I have solo camped a few times and really like the solitude but I much prefer to have my mate or at least my dog with me. You just can't beat sitting by the fire with a cold cider chatting until the small hours.