PDA

View Full Version : Bens new location soon in the North East of England

Ben Casey
17-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys
As I put in another post a few days ago I'm presently relocating to the North East. Well in the morning it looks like I will be getting a place in the DL13 area :) From my look on Google it seems really close to the Moors and Dales and Pennines so I will be hoping that I can get together with a few of the lads and lasses from up here.

Anyway it is still my plan to do my roadtrip when I get sorted and to get to Ivans as planned.

So anyone from around the area fancy getting in touch please do :) I have been and had a natter with the local wildlife trust here and I will be able to go coppicing later in the year with them and can't wait to get back out and about :)

Ben

basicbushcraft
18-05-2011, 07:40 AM
im not a million mile away alway on the pennines through the dales and that way im up for a get together

Martin
18-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Good luck with the move Ben. Hope it all goes well for you and you can settle down up there with your own people. :)

Martin

jus_young
18-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Take care mate and don't forget - Natures not going any where. She will take care of herself, you take care of yourself.

Ben Casey
18-05-2011, 12:48 PM
im not a million mile away alway on the pennines through the dales and that way im up for a get together

Thats cool I should be moved by the 1st of June and I'm planning on hittong the Lakes for the weekend thing there so I will drop you a lne once I'm sorted :)

Cheers guys for the thoughts :)

Adam Savage
19-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Should be heading up to the North York Moors soon, which isn't too far from there really. Should be able to hook up

comanighttrain
19-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Ben!

Hope everything goes well for you!

Ben Casey
19-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi Ben!

Hope everything goes well for you!

Thanks for that mate Im moving next Wednesday and Adam Im just on the North Penines so we can hook up :D

Adam Savage
19-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for that mate Im moving next Wednesday and Adam Im just on the North Penines so we can hook up :D

Sounds good. What sort of ground rules are set, or have you yet to sort that? Also, do you know what kind of terrain the site has, that you can use and what species the trees are? I ask a lot don't I haha

Ben Casey
19-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Sounds good. What sort of ground rules are set, or have you yet to sort that? Also, do you know what kind of terrain the site has, that you can use and what species the trees are? I ask a lot don't I haha

Gissa chance mate I'm not superman LOL :D

Adam Savage
19-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Gissa chance mate I'm not superman LOL :D

Really? thought you could jump tall bullets in a single bound and build faster than...no wait...I'm getting it wrong again lol

Adam Savage
19-05-2011, 09:41 PM
so you're iron man right??? :p

Ben Casey
19-05-2011, 09:45 PM
so you're iron man right??? :p

I will be when I get a new heart all my ex girlfriends say I'm heartless :oops:

Adam Savage
19-05-2011, 09:47 PM
I will be when I get a new heart all my ex girlfriends say I'm heartless :oops:

Before we go too far off topic ( I know it's your thread anyway..but ). Have you had chance to wander round a little of this site yet?

Ben Casey
20-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Before we go too far off topic ( I know it's your thread anyway..but ). Have you had chance to wander round a little of this site yet?

Hi Mate Im not quite with you when you say of this site I have been on any other websites if thats what you mean?

Adam Savage
20-05-2011, 10:01 AM
The new location buddy.

Adam Savage
20-05-2011, 10:02 AM
think I read the thread wrong lol, thought you had permission to use a specific site up there. :ashamed:

comanighttrain
20-05-2011, 10:05 AM
think I read the thread wrong lol, thought you had permission to use a specific site up there. :ashamed:

http://cdn.davesdaily.com/pictures/557-lol.jpg

Ben Casey
20-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Na not yet I'm working on it and Im trying to get to do some coppicing later in the year when I have some more info I will let you know :)

Ben Casey
20-05-2011, 06:56 PM
http://cdn.davesdaily.com/pictures/557-lol.jpg

Love the picture :D

Adam Savage
20-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Na not yet I'm working on it and Im trying to get to do some coppicing later in the year when I have some more info I will let you know :)

Sounds good mate. So stealthing it is then haha

Ben Casey
20-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Sounds good mate. So stealthing it is then haha

Could be if you google DL14 9RQ there is a big wood to the West and South West of it that could be a place but I'm also in contact with the Wildlife trust there now and I was telling them about the Cornwall RV and they seemed really interested. Maybe not to get on a reserve or so but maybe some land they have and when I asked about coppicing and stuff they where telling me I could have Hazel and Willow later in the year. So I'm going to see how far I can get with them or what they would accept. It could be interesting and they could understand me sometimes down here I feel like I'm an alien :D
How you doing I hope your ok?

Ben Casey
20-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I have just been looking there is Hamsterley Forest and they seem to do shelter building, Fungal foraging, Walks, Food from the woods, Survival stuff. I have dropped them an email so I will see what i Get back :)

Adam Savage
20-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Look at you, Mr busy. I'm doing ok. Lots of projects on the go, sorting stuff for the meet, and have a plan to get on the north york moors mid June. Watch this space.

Seems like you're having a ball

Ben Casey
20-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Look at you, Mr busy. I'm doing ok. Lots of projects on the go, sorting stuff for the meet, and have a plan to get on the north york moors mid June. Watch this space.

Seems like you're having a ball

It will be a ball once this move has finished the place is a small village so that cool and the drive to it the other day felt really good like getting away from the human race :D I'm just nackered now after doing the drive back today so I'm of to bed now catch ya in the morning :D Oh what dates mid June as I have to be in Blandford for the 17th as we could have meet up then. But if not Im hoping I can stay at Ivans for awhile :)

Adam Savage
20-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Well my local site is still booked for a meet at the end of june if you want to have a poke around there with me, and pretty much any time in mid june, just want to get there and do something.

Liking the village idea and getting away from the inhuman race.

Ben Casey
20-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Well my local site is still booked for a meet at the end of june if you want to have a poke around there with me, and pretty much any time in mid june, just want to get there and do something.

Liking the village idea and getting away from the inhuman race.

That sounds like a plan we will have to discuss it and go for it.

Thumbcrusher
21-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Ben, check this out http://www.friendsofchopwellwood.org.uk/

This is a really nice bit of woodland and the staff are very friendly. They actually do bushcraft courses there and are always looking for volunteers. it's right on your new doorstep!

Might even see you around there sometime.

Bye the way - Welcome "up north".

Cheers. Neil

Ben Casey
22-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Ben, check this out http://www.friendsofchopwellwood.org.uk/

This is a really nice bit of woodland and the staff are very friendly. They actually do bushcraft courses there and are always looking for volunteers. it's right on your new doorstep!

Might even see you around there sometime.

Bye the way - Welcome "up north".

Cheers. Neil

Hi Neil thanks for the link I will go and have a look Im not quite there yet just three more days and counting nearly all packed and ready to go :)