PDA

View Full Version : Becker bk 11

feebullet
18-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with said blade. I have purchased one as a necker / fail safe. I've had positive feedback from an american site, but was chasing some more international feed back. Main duties for my necker is food prep and emergency second blade.

Thanks lads
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/cTqfUCQ60Tc/0.jpg

Fletching
18-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi feebullet, I've not got the Becker but have the Doug Ritter CRKT which is very similar, and I'd recommend wrapping some paracord around the handle to make it a bit more ergonomic (and useful).

Steve :)

feebullet
15-06-2011, 11:42 AM
UPDATE: I've had the necker a couple of weeks, tested it in some pretty serious ways. It's seen salt water reef fishing, roo skinning, food and fire prep, and battoning etc etc. This is a couple of pics thus far...... It handles frozen pilchards really well, pretty stout knock around blade!

jbrown14
15-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Looks like some of the tastiest knife testing I've seen so far.

Nearly impossible to get roo meat here in the US, so I haven't tried it yet, though.

Notredame11211
15-06-2011, 06:05 PM
UPDATE: I've had the necker a couple of weeks, tested it in some pretty serious ways. It's seen salt water reef fishing, roo skinning, food and fire prep, and battoning etc etc. This is a couple of pics thus far...... It handles frozen pilchards really well, pretty stout knock around blade!

Looks like you are putting it to good use!

Martin
16-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Looks like some of the tastiest knife testing I've seen so far.

Nearly impossible to get roo meat here in the US, so I haven't tried it yet, though.

Oh don't worry about not being able to get 'roo meat in the US, it tastes very much like wallaby.

Hope this helps,

Martin :)

feebullet
17-06-2011, 05:08 AM
Oh I must beg to differ, of all the macropod family I would say roo and wallaby taste the most different.

jbrown14
20-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh don't worry about not being able to get 'roo meat in the US, it tastes very much like wallaby.

Hope this helps,

Martin :)

Ha! I didn't see your reply until just now, Martin. So if I get a wild North American Wallaby on the line next time I'm fishing, it'll taste just as good as "roo," is that right?

Guess I'll just have to wait till my wife and I can take our dream vacation to the Southern Hemisphere...