PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at Beer Can Stove!

Big T
25-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Hiya,

After reading several things online I thought I would have a bash at making a beer can meths stove, aint fired it up yet but looks ok. Are these any good??

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1535&d=1306314891

bigzee
28-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Get it lit and answer your own question. As it's a first prorotype I recommend standing it in a tray, or biscuit tin lid (something flameproof that could contain "flaming leakage".) The pressure can sometimes build up and the hot fuel/gas finds it's own way of escaping - which isn't necessarily the way you were expecting!

That stove looks perfectly serviceable!

Jack Russell
28-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Looks pretty serviceable to me Big T - looks from the piccie you've gone top over bottom with the inner wall trapped in the build. What did you use to cut your jets?? stick it in the kitchen sink in a biscuit tin and have a wet tea towell at the redy then fire her up - camera at the ready of course we like to see both huge success and ........... well the other thing that can happen on first goes mate. two cans the same forced together, or stretchted, or two different brands???? Oh and pink bits are fingers and the fluffy bits below your hairline are called eyebrows - don't get 'em in the way when playing with any new stove design. Everyone round yours for a brew and a tin o' soup in 20 minutes methinks matey. Jack

Big T
30-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the replies! The outer can is fitted over the inside one, the holes were made with a stanley knife! I havn`t got any meths yet but as soon as I fire the beast up I will post some pics of my success/failure!

Ashley Cawley
31-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Looks good - remember you can always try it outdoors away from flammable stuff, let us know how it goes.