PDA

View Full Version : Alpkit Gourdon 30L

comanighttrain
26-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Good solid bag, pretty well made with two straps accross the front and, as you can guess, very waterproof. It also has a bladder pouch.

BUT

I cant seem to pack the Gourdon full and have it still feel comfortable and when you are packing it the material isnt as good for cramming as most military style bags (its seems to cause a lot of friction with most items) and because you cant cram so well...its maybe not like 30L of military style bag...

Will take it out on saturday and give my verdict...

comanighttrain
29-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Verdict is in... I actually came from not being too keen on this pack to loving it

Very water resistant, infact most of the stuff was dry! This was after a pretty severe storm atop cruach adrain...wind rain and hail! Also the bag was a very comfortable carry, infact I dont even have stiff shoulders today and I was carrying a pretty heavy load for a day trip.

Only complaints really is the packability... Inside I had:
1 tin
4 ration meals
Crusader with 4 hex blocks, pemmican and alcohol fuel inside
spare trousers boxers thermal top and socks
2 microfleeces
blizzard bag
2 one litre bottles of water
lighter fuel
spare phone
OS map
Gloves
hat
scarf
Waterproof over trousers and jacket
tea and a spork

Also had to carry my bothy shelter and medikit on my belt

Bag was pretty much at fill point and i feel it it were a military style bag I probably could have crammed better.

That aside its a steal for £25

chris grace
29-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I have to 20l size as my daysack and cant fault it.You do have to be a bit careful how you pack it as the back pad is very thin.

TheOutdoorist
04-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Sorry for posting in an old thread but I did not want to start a new thread for my question..
I am thinking of buying one of these style bags although not sure of size yet.. is there any chance of them breaking or tearing as this is my only concern?

Thanks, Ben.

comanighttrain
04-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Sorry for posting in an old thread but I did not want to start a new thread for my question..
I am thinking of buying one of these style bags although not sure of size yet.. is there any chance of them breaking or tearing as this is my only concern?

Thanks, Ben.

I managed to pole a hole in mine.... depends very much on what goes in.... i pack fairly rought and its ok but if somehting pointy get involved then yeah

TheOutdoorist
04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
I managed to pole a hole in mine.... depends very much on what goes in.... i pack fairly rought and its ok but if somehting pointy get involved then yeah

What went through it? I'm thinking of getting the pack for my lightweight kit and most of the contents are nonpointy if there is such a thing.. :ashamed:

comanighttrain
04-11-2012, 06:45 PM
ehhh cannae remember... I think it was the corner of my hex cooker (cheapy one)

I think it was designed for regular hikers... water, clothing and sandwiches :P not us weirdos