PDA

View Full Version : woodgas stove

scorpian
10-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi guys, now before you all tell me i could have made this myself and saved the money, i know, but dont really have the time at the mo.

for those who are not familiar with wood gas systems the idea is that the unburnt gas is sucked up via convection and reitroduced back into the top of the stove to be reburnt, resulting in less smoke and more efficient heating.
there are numerous diagrams on the web, cant seem to get it to resize properly.

have been looking at woodgas designs for a while and then came across this one on ebay.uk, thought the £15 price was real fair price, so i purchased one, was delighted with the item and thought i would share it with you guys.
here is the link to pics by the manufacturer:

http://www.cgwebsolutions.com/Ebay/ViewPhoto.asp?UserID=0&TemplateID=41108&PhotoName=Img-woodgas%200051.jpg

the quality is very good, and design seems just right, dimensions are 115mm diameter by 120mm tall, excluding the pot support which is another 50mm tall and stores in the base, a nice feature is a small tag bent over to prevent it from dissapearing right up inside, also it is a lot stronger than it looks in the pics..
Also included is a lid that neatly fits into the pot support, or can be used as an ash dish under the stove.
only downside so far is that some of the internal holes have a few burrs, but nothing a file or similar could not soon fix!
will report back after i have trialed this.
regards-Steve

Martin
10-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey Steve, as someone who owns the Bushbuddy, which cost considerably more than £15, I reckon this looks pretty good value. Looking forward to your review.

Martin

paul standley
10-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Looks like a very good DIY constructed stove, which at £15, is not at all bad considering the man-hours & materials to make one in the average shed to this standard. Looking fwd to the test burn...