PDA

View Full Version : hi de hi campers

dubman
10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
hello guys and gals nice site and friendly faces,im bill and im a noobie to bushcraft but have had it in my blood always.im planning on trying to find a place like dartmoor nearer the southeast would love to do all that you do just not so far from home lol.any info would really help i would love to do dartmoor as would my brother,just dont want a 5-6 hour drive home afterwards thanks for any info thrown this way and hope to speak again soon peace

RobbC
10-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi Bill, a very warm welcome to Natural Bushcraft! :welcome:

Robb

Ben Casey
10-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi There from me to :)

swkieran
11-06-2011, 08:22 AM
welcome bill :),theres quite a few lads from the essex area on here m8,they should be able to look after you,as for the drive i'ts 4 hours on a good day lol,i have family in the kent and essex area,the worst part of the journey is always the m25 and the bridge on the way back home lol,sadly you havent got anything like dartmoor in the south east,plenty of other places up there,were my sister lives in faversham some nice open country round there.i'm always glad to get back home to the westcountry thou wenever im up there :)

Martin
11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey Bill, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Martin

dubman
11-06-2011, 07:47 PM
welcome bill :),theres quite a few lads from the essex area on here m8,they should be able to look after you,as for the drive i'ts 4 hours on a good day lol,i have family in the kent and essex area,the worst part of the journey is always the m25 and the bridge on the way back home lol,sadly you havent got anything like dartmoor in the south east,plenty of other places up there,were my sister lives in faversham some nice open country round there.i'm always glad to get back home to the westcountry thou wenever im up there :)

im thinking the drive however long may havto be a must after watching a few vids of dartmoor makes me wanna cruise down for a couple of days.thanks T^

Martin
11-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Dartmoor really is a special place. It's not the hilliest, or the most remote or the most beautiful place in the UK but it is very very special. I've just spent a week in N Ireland, Scotland, the Lake District and North Wales and I was appalled at the crowds of people who were all over the place (particularly in the Lakes and Wales). Dartmoor, on the other hand, seems to have acres of space for each person and the people are there purely for the love of the place.

Hope you enjoy it, whenever you go.

Martin

swkieran
12-06-2011, 02:22 AM
i second what martin says :),you wont be dissapointed bill,im devonshire born and bred and dartmoor has a very special ora about it even on a really cold bleak day,it is really one of englands hidden gems it's full of tales and ledgends and also it has a mind of it's own,it's proberly the closest you will ever be to the iron age and prehistoric peoples of englands past you will get,also call into one of the many pubs for a full english breakfast that will kick start youre day.

Metal mug
12-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello Bill. Enjoy the forum.

Matt
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Hey Bill,

a warm :welcome to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards,

Matt.

Roadkillphil
13-06-2011, 10:48 AM
:welcome:Mornin All :D