PDA

View Full Version : Army Trangia --> meet the TACTICAL TRANGIA!

JEEP
28-06-2011, 08:35 PM
So you like your army Trangia? But, maybe you feel it's a bit heavy. Maybe you need to move from the infantry to the special forces?!

Look no further than the TACTIAL TRANGIA 27-3HA 150273 EXTREME STEALTH COOKING SYSTEM (TM)

Featuring:
Hardanodized aviation grade aluminium pots and windscreen - made from decommissioned stealth bombers!
Specially coated tactical teflon non-stick frying pan - for those sticky situations where you do not want to get stuck in! Extra heavy duty 602509 protective cover available.
Ultra silent stealth Trangia burner - made from recycled combat-used-only brass casings! The burner runs on pure formula C2H5OH and similar substances (the 27-3HA is compatible with the 742527 butane/propane attachment)
Precision machined ambidextrous pot-gripper
Ballistic nylon pack strap - which doubles as a tourniquet
Hi-vis. 401124 protection para-grade nylon cover available

Cold Steel Recon Tanto, shown for size, is not included.

Notredame11211
08-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Wow, that's impressive! Where Can I get on of these

feebullet
08-07-2011, 06:55 AM
tacti-kewl.... tanto adds to the sales pitch..... whole thing makes me sick actually. ha ha

JEEP
08-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Wow, that's impressive! Where Can I get on of these

At Honest Jim's Everything Tactical Emporium - it is only $999.99! But I can fix you up with a -10% Thanks for letting us rip you off discount.

tacti-kewl.... tanto adds to the sales pitch..... whole thing makes me sick actually. ha ha

Once I saw the black finish of the new all hardanodized Trangias, I knew I had to do this. I work in the outdoor business - and even I am impressed by the sheer amount of "tactical" gear floating around on the market. Most of it crap - all of ot is highly overpriced. Tactical-smacktical...

feebullet
08-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah I contemplated adding a forced patina to every bit of coated carbon edge ware I own... Don't want to be associated with the scene (and I spent 10 years working for or with the military) I won't even wear camoflague these days

Jack Russell
08-07-2011, 06:37 PM
yeah but you got to be impressed by a company that can source decomissioned stealth bombers to make camping stoves out of hey??? After all they can't be easy to find.

Jack Russell
08-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Hells bells Jakob, I've just realised, as a left hander I've wasted several years of my life using a standard "right handed" Trangia potgrip - is there any chance with your connections that you could source me either a tactical ambidextrous or better still a specifically left handed one - I have a budget of approx $99,999.99 (but I'm not prepared to pay postage extra)

JEEP
08-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Would you like the one with the overmolded glass beded Hogue grips (available in a true left-handed version) - or the new ambidextrous titanium omni-gripper(TM) with the new ultra-grip(TM) formula treated gripping surfaces?

Notredame11211
08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
At Honest Jim's Everything Tactical Emporium - it is only $999.99! But I can fix you up with a -10% Thanks for letting us rip you off discount.

Ouch........

JEEP
08-07-2011, 07:11 PM
It's a bargain :D

Notredame11211
08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
It's a bargain :D
lol:D

bigzee
17-08-2011, 07:15 PM
If you go onto the cold steel website, they have a plethora of unintentionally amusing demo videos for their products. Pumped-up jar-headed "indi-vidyoualls" in black tee shirts hacking at butchers' carcasses with their knives. They all seem to be very serious about it too!

JEEP
18-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I like watching Cold Steel's videos, they always make me laugh :zombie-fighting:

bigzee
18-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I like watching Cold Steel's videos, they always make me laugh :zombie-fighting:
They seem to be aiming their products towards people who need to stab and slash at flesh contained in motorcycle leathers and people who need to stab car bonnets or slash bamboo. So that'd be hell's angels and Japanese road-rage maniacs then?!

JEEP
19-08-2011, 08:08 AM
I find them hilarious. Though I find it a little scary that advertising like this is apparently working.

As a former WMA teacher, I also find it interesting to watch how they have close to no clue about proper blade handeling and cutting techniques.

bigzee
20-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I find them hilarious. Though I find it a little scary that advertising like this is apparently working.

As a former WMA teacher, I also find it interesting to watch how they have close to no clue about proper blade handeling and cutting techniques.
Yeah but every time they do one of these video sessions their testosterone levels go up and presumably their willys get a lot bigger as a result? When you think of all the useful applications in the world for a knife - which is after all the most basic and essential tool for a human, then they go and fail to demonstrate any of them. It's a wonder they get away with such blatant incitement to violence.