PDA

View Full Version : Not been on for a while

Shewie
05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Good to see this place is still going strong.

I've not checked in for a few months, in fact I've not done much bushy stuff lately as I've been heading to the hill tops carrying lightweight gear and cooking on meths etc.

Just got to get a trip to Canada out of the way and then I'm back on the bushy trail long term, got a sneaky weekend up in Scotland next week so looking forward to getting covered in mud and stinking of smoke again.

Martin
05-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey Rich, welcome back. I've not long come back from a flying visit to Scotland for a quick trip up Ben Nevis and now planning a trip to Canada for next year. Would be great to find out what you're up to out there as I'm looking for ideas at the moment. Don't want to waste a minute while we're there.

Martin

jus_young
05-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Rich, welcome back. I've not long come back from a flying visit to Scotland for a quick trip up Ben Nevis and now planning a trip to Canada for next year. Would be great to find out what you're up to out there as I'm looking for ideas at the moment. Don't want to waste a minute while we're there.

Martin

Depending on where and when you're planning, I could recomend the Calgary Stampede as a bit of an experience. Usually on around this time of year. I went myself a few years back and it was HUGE!

Shewie
05-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Martin

In a nutshell ...

Fly Heathrow to Vancouver, three days in Van
Collect car and grab ferry to Vancouver Island
Drive north to Tofino, three days in Tof
Canoe trip with Giselle Martin to Mears Island
Sea kayaking trip to Clayoquot Sound to see bears and whales
Drive south and have one night in Victoria
Ferry back to mainland and then drive north to Kamloops, one night here to break up journey
Head on to the Rockies, three nights in Jasper, white water rafting and more canoeing here
On to Banff for three nights, lots planned here too
Drive to Calgary for return flight to Heathrow

We did a similar trip for our honeymoon a few years ago but this time we've picked out some of our favourite spots. I'll have plenty of pics when I get back :)