PDA

View Full Version : DIY Kit storage system for hammock camps (keep your kit tidy, dry and in one place)

paul standley
15-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Here's my idea on how to stow kit when hammock or bivi camping so that your camp area doesn't look like your rucksack just exploded...

The system uses the same tree(s) that your hammock is slung between and doesn't need any branches.

It makes it easy to find any of your bits and bobs and has a built in rain cover to keep all of your kit dry.

It's adaptable so can be made to suit your needs.

Quick tips...
pre-stretch the guy cord before making one as it it's likely to have a good bit of stretch in it to begin with. I used guy cord to keep the bulk down to a minimum put 550 paracord would work very well also.

Use a wheelie bin liner (a tall garbage bin on wheels in the UK...!) because they are generally much longer than normal bin liners and you want the length to maximise cover.

Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydyUCrgBehM

Martin
16-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Great job Paul!! Thanks so much for taking the time to do all that so others can see what you've done and how you've done it.

Martin

J_P
16-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Ingenious....... but why not if you need to hang up kit knock a tripod up for bits and have it under your basha? i tend to get stuff out of my ruck sack when needed and put it back when finished with. I hate fuss and things dangling all over the place, each to their own, good idea but its something else you have to carry when you can make it up on site? just my view lol... ;)