PDA

View Full Version : Leave No Trace

JEEP
31-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Annette McGivney - LEAVE NO TRACE: A Guide to the New Wilderness Etiquette, 2nd Edition

http://www.mountaineersbooks.org/productdetails.cfm?SKU=9102

I have just finished reading this book. It is good food for thought - and should be read by anyone spending any significant amount of time in The Nature.

Some of the principles outlined by the author clashes directly some with classic bushcraft techniques/traditions - and rightly so imho. If anywone were to build a debris shelter, make a campfire and whittle a spoon, when visiting The Nature, there would soon be no actual Nature left to visit.

I highly recommend reading this book, you may not agree with the author on everything - but no matter whether your are a complete novice or an experienced outdoorsman, your are bound to learn something from this book. And more importantly; you are bound to consider (and maybe even re-consider) your ways in The Nature.

MikeWilkinson
03-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Sounds interesting Jakob. I may have to purchase this. I'm all for primitive living skills and the like, but for many of us in the uk the 'Leave no trace' philosophy needs to be adhered to in order for us to get permission to stop out in the first place.

Thanks for your recommendation.

Mike