PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehogs about again

Adam Savage
11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Found a hedgehog sneaking around the shed tonight, and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to test the new infrared DVR, with it's built in illuminator. Not too bad, but had to zoom in a little, as the illuminated area is pretty narrow, causing the quality to drop a little. Next time I'll use my own illuminator, with it's wider beam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVfJkoS1mwM

You'll have to excuse the flashlight in the poor things face, that's the old man trying to see what I was doing. :)

LandRoverMatt
12-08-2011, 07:25 AM
good video :)

Adam Savage
12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
good video :)

Thanks, I'll try and get some more when he returns. He always comes back, because our house is his shortcut, from one street to the next,

JEEP
12-08-2011, 01:02 PM
We are staying at our allotment at the moment, every evening we are visited by a large hedgehog. It is great fun to watch it hunt for snails in the dark.

jus_young
12-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Good to see them still about now that numbers are dropping so badly. Used to get them in our garden but have not seen them for some time now.

Adam Savage
12-08-2011, 02:18 PM
We are staying at our allotment at the moment, every evening we are visited by a large hedgehog. It is great fun to watch it hunt for snails in the dark.

My cat was squeaking at the bushes, next to the shed, so I went to see what the fuss was, then I saw (or rather heard, first) this little chap. They normally run down the side of the house, on the narrow strip of gravel, between the path and fence.

Good to see them still about now that numbers are dropping so badly. Used to get them in our garden but have not seen them for some time now.

They seem to like our garden, maybe it's because it's full of trees and plants (rich in slugs and snails), or maybe it's just the easiest way to get from the back street to the main road, then off into the field opposite?

Here's what I mean about the trees etc in our garden, compared to the neighbours, and also the "hedgehog highway"..:)

http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y304/crazysaint22/bushcraft%20locations/oddballs/gardenandroute.jpg