PDA

View Full Version : webbing system

jikido
15-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Hi all,

Pretty new to the forum, but wanted to know what people are carrying there immediate stuff in.

I have seen a few pouches, camera bags and stuff and I didn't want to go down the route of mil webbing (had enough of that stuff and my kit looks mostly that way anyway.

I have put together my own kinda utility belt, with my knife, saw, survival kit, first aid pouch and a pouch on it that I use as a pocket, as I make my own trousers and don't pockets on them.

If anyone is interestd in seeing this set up I will throw a picture of it. I make most of my own kit and little baggies, I am not a tailor or anything, but am proud of the way my kit is.

Anyhow, lemme know what you are using. Around your camps

bigzee
16-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Get some pictures on of your homemade kit, that's what we want to see. Ingenuity,creativity, and "doody" innovations shared is what a lot of this site is about.

As for handy kit carrying, if I'm not wearing a coat with one or two pockets in then I tend to use a bum-bag for a shorter walk. Although some of the bigger ones can "drag yer kecks down" a bit when you walk, I found a small cheap market-bought leather effect one quite useful when on the family camping holiday in the Lake District last week. As I was wearing tracky-bottoms a lot (they dry quicker than jeans when rained on) I got a bit OCD about where I could put my essential trinity of phone, SA knife, and cash, without decent pockets. The bumbag worked out quite well as I could hang it on the chair in the tent, and clip it round my waist when heading out.

I am generally a bit of a fan of pockets, as they remove the need for a bag on a short trip, and if they are on the outside with a secure closure, they aren't that uncomfortable. Small binocs (if not round neck) and camera in top two pockets, keys and phone in bottom ones, and map and hat in leg pockets - if wearing combats. Yeah this does sort'a require military style clothing though? A karabiner or two can be handy on a belt / belt loop.

jikido
20-08-2011, 09:05 AM
get some pictures on of your homemade kit, that's what we want to see. Ingenuity,creativity, and "doody" innovations shared is what a lot of this site is about

I made the belt out of two clips and some brown material, the pouches are permanently fixed to the belt and I usually only wear the belt when around my camp spot, the rest of the time it has pride place in my bergan, except the mora, which fits lovely in my waterbottle pouch on the front of the bergan.

These two pouches are my folding saw and a wire saw in one pouch, and my SA knife and survival kit in the other.

This pouch is a material travelling jewelry bag that I got from a charity shop. Absolutely perfect for what I needed. Two zip pockets for brew up kit, plasters,wetwipes, puri-tabs, cotton wool, nOtepaper and paper tissues

I have alchohol gel in there, a lighter, windy matches, a compass and my head torch. A very small lock knife is also stashed in there.
The whole belt setup looks like this, my mora knife is made so it can be taken off of the belt so I don't scare the locals, if I ever wore the belt in public, which I doubt I would.

The big brown pouch is just a pocket, as the trousers that I sew don't have pockets. So allsorts get put in that, from birch paper to kindling.

- I hope this inspires people.