PDA

View Full Version : baby badger, nr Mwynt

nat110732
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
This footage was shot at about 7pm and as I was downwind from lil' brock he didn't seem too threatened even tho' the mrs and kids and dog were only about 10m behind me. There was in fact 2 babies but only managed to get close to this one by snaking thru the grass and remaining downwind. There was, fortunately, quite a strong breeze too which masked any noise from me. You can see in the background some buildings, we werent that far from civilisation but, for their safety , all I will say is they werent far fron Mwynt.
We all felt really honoured and it was so special to be that close(about 8ft) and not to be deemed a threat, T^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypOoAQytm0I

nat:D

comanighttrain
02-09-2011, 08:47 PM
wow! i have yet to see one of those... amazing it knew you were there but didnt bolt

Martin
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Nice one Nat, a lovely moment.

Martin

nat110732
03-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks comanightrain, I couldn't believe how calm it was and even moved closer after it realised I was there.

Nat

nat110732
03-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks Martin, it was quite special especially when it looked up, looked me over and then came closer.
-t was also nice as the Mrs, kids and dog weren't that far behind me either, we had a family nature moment but as we were camping on a working cattle farm we had to keep it to ourselves.
I'm sure our farmer-host would not have appreciated it as we did, with Bovine TB and all that so we decided to keep it to ourselves

Nat

Ashley Cawley
04-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Magical when nature gets so close and you can watch them so clearly. Some brill footage, thanks for sharing.

nat110732
04-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Magical when nature gets so close and you can watch them so clearly. Some brill footage, thanks for sharing.
Thanks, luck played a huge part with the wind in the right direction and I think maybe an older badger may well have been less curious but as you say these moments are magical

nat