PDA

View Full Version : get a life

Tony1948
06-09-2011, 11:24 PM
I'v just read about a Mr Copp how called Ilfracombe Harbourmarstor to complain about the smell of FISH;)He told the H/M that his kids were quite disgusted by the site of box'es of Fish,he thought it was entirey inappropriate and not a good sight or smell for his kids to come across.Wot is the world coming to when a guy can complain about a working Harbour.I'v read about Townis complain about cows being left out in the Rain...........I SAY GET A LIFE

swkieran
07-09-2011, 01:52 AM
get a life indeed lol,mr copp smell the coffee not the fish :),the good people of ilfracombe would tell you the same but not in so many words lol,im sure of that :).were is mr copp from tony,these towns usually have a long road in,and a very short one out lol

J_P
07-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Should use him as lobster bait!!

dave budd
07-09-2011, 07:55 AM
i just read the article on Yahoo news. Gotta say, it's nice to start the day with a good laugh! :lol: Grockles/emmits, gotta love 'em :D

Tony1948
07-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Dos'ant say where he's from

Metal mug
07-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I would like to complain about Bears defecating in the woods. :) I would also like to complain about the pope being Catholic. :D

Metal mug
07-09-2011, 02:42 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I kept on thinking about Iggy pop. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pfZPM7d8iE

I still can't work out which one's the puppet. :D

bigstan
07-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Many years ago at a meeting of bikers one dumb wannabe tried to get a petition started to stop cows leaving deposits on the local roads. He asked in all seriousness "what can we do about all the cow c*** on the roads." I told him move back to the city.

Realearner
07-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Absolutely stunning, to think that these people are probably the ones that run our banks, industry, or heaven forbid the country ha bloody ha!!!!

Silverback
07-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Maybe the smell would be sweeter if he rammed his head back up his ar*e where it has obviously resided for most of his life

swkieran
08-09-2011, 01:19 AM
it's like buyin a house near a major airport,then complaining about aircraft lol.i wonder if mr copp has more than one house in our lovely region grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jus_young
08-09-2011, 07:26 AM
I read the said article when I got home from work. The wife doesn't normally buy the paper but for some reason she had on this particular occasion, glad she did as I haven't had such a laugh in ages. The other bit that gets me is the fact that the North Devon Journal even bothered to print such a story. Only two reasons spring to mind, either they thought it was worth a laugh themselves or someone thought it was a justified complaint. Either way there are folks that will take this seriously.

Realbark
08-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Many years ago at a meeting of bikers one dumb wannabe tried to get a petition started to stop cows leaving deposits on the local roads. He asked in all seriousness "what can we do about all the cow c*** on the roads." I told him move back to the city.

THAT is actually a serious problem along with muck from tractors. The farmers are allowed to cross the road with their herd and drive along with their tractors. BUT they are legally obliged to clean up the shit - both literally and metaphorically. We have a couple of fatalities a year here with bikes going down in the mess they leave. A sign saying "Mud on Road" is NOT acceptable. Im not a townie and live in the sticks but like WE clean up when we camp so should farmers!

Metal mug
03-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Mr Copp is in the paper again, still moaning about Ilfracombe being a working harbour. :) (Oh dear.)

jus_young
03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
http://www.ilfracombepeople.co.uk/Ilfracombe-s-beauty-spots/story-13439167-detail/story.html

He does have a point in some respects unfortunately. Still think he is a bit of a prat when it comes to the harbour but the rest of the town does let the area down.

Realearner
03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Well Mr Copp is certainly upsetting people. I wonder what Shangrila he lives in.
I know that most parts have beautiful parts and some that are less than, I'm afraid it has to do with finance.
More money generally means better areas, but the rich don't like doing the dirty low jobs that are beneath them.
But they like them done, but please don't let them see real life, and real people.
I know that all jobs need doing and I do not look down on anyone, I also have no issues with doing what needs to be done, maybe Mr Copp needs to have ago at some jobs, just to see what life can be like for the majority of people.
And now I have had my rant, wish I could confront the Pratt.

jus_young
03-10-2011, 08:45 PM
And whats with a national paper taking up the story? Are we really that short of important things happening in this world that this type of dribble has to become major news or is it just a little humour to break up the monotiny of daily life?