PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Portugal

Bush_Men
24-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Hello there! I'm Ricardo and I'm another member from Portugal :D. I've 17 and currently I'm a student that loves to go out and enjoy mother nature when I can.

Matt
24-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Hello Ricardo, a very warm welcome to NBC.

Matt.

stig
24-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi Ricardo - what area are you from? I am just outside Oliveira do Hospital in the hills!!!

Shewie
24-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Ricardo - welcome to the forum

Bush_Men
24-11-2010, 01:29 PM
thank you for the warm welcome all of you.

Hi Ricardo - what area are you from? I am just outside Oliveira do Hospital in the hills!!!

Well currently I'm living between Leiria and Pombal but I go sometimes to Castanheira de Pera/Lousã area.Aren't you registered at bushcraft-pt?

Ashley Cawley
27-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi Ricardo,

:welcome: to the community. I look forward to getting to know you and sharing with you. Great to hear from another international visitor :)

All the best,

greenpete
27-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi Ricardo, welcome to the NBC forum! :)

Bush_Men
27-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi Ricardo,

:welcome: to the community. I look forward to getting to know you and sharing with you. Great to hear from another international visitor :)

All the best,

Thanks. Portuguese bushcraft comunity is growing everyday but many of them are only visitors on internacional forums...:ashamed:

Martin
13-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Ricardo

A very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft Forum.

Martin :)

aman
13-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Ricardo

Welcome to the forum.

It is our plan to move to Portugal in the not too distant future

stig
13-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi Ricardo

Welcome to the forum.

It is our plan to move to Portugal in the not too distant future

you will enjoy it here - very laid back country

Bush_Men
13-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Not a wise decision aman... only crazy people can stand living here for a long time.:p

Have you thinked in some area to settle down in this good piece of land?

stig
13-12-2010, 06:10 PM
thank you for the warm welcome all of you.

Well currently I'm living between Leiria and Pombal but I go sometimes to Castanheira de Pera/Lousã area.Aren't you registered at bushcraft-pt?

not registered at bushcraft-pt but will now do so as my broadband has been down - bloody kanguru

stig
13-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Not a wise decision aman... only crazy people can stand living here for a long time.:p

so that is why the locals look at me funny - not yet crazy enough

Bush_Men
13-12-2010, 07:20 PM
so that is why the locals look at me funny - not yet crazy enough

Maybe it is...generally the only problem is the corruption that is almost supported by the majority. but all in all we are good people that like to help the others and live many times based on improvising...

aman
14-12-2010, 10:51 AM

We are thinking Serra de Estrella and surrounding area. The plan is to sell the business and come over and spend a year or so touring around the area and living in our airstream until we find a bit of land we can build a tiny, low impact home. (for tiny, low impact read cheap)

Bush_Men
14-12-2010, 04:11 PM
The Estrela zone is impregnated with tourism and that sometimes can be annoying... If you want to spend less and live in a better place, the Lousã is the way to go. It has a great landscape and you can find real peace and tranquility.

aman
14-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up BM

Anywhere around that general central PT area TBM but we are totally open minded and could end up anywhere.

More rural the better. Could end up in the far north for all we know

Bush_Men
15-12-2010, 02:44 PM
You can find rural and peaceful places in Portugal on the North, Centre and the South. Sometimes it's just some detail that makes you feel it's the right place to be at that precise moment... Anyway, good luck in your quest.