PDA

View Full Version : Polish Army Lavvuu up for grabs (or swap)

Humakt
19-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm selling a Polish army lavvuu tent as a private seller and this sale is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators.

I'd like £15 for it. It's a fairly hefty and bulky item, so if you want it posted it'll cost you an extra £8 (to cover postage costs and packing materials), making a total of £23.

Ideally, it'd be best to meet in person and exchange.

Alternatively, I'd like a British/Dutch army goretex bivvy bag - in which case it'll be free posting, since you'll have to pay a similar amount to post the bivvy bag.

I live in Kent, so I think it'd be best if you did as well, or are willing to travel to Kent, to keep costs down.

Oh, I should say, the tent is in excellent condition. The only modification is that I have added a reinforced hole to the apex so the tent can be suspended from either an external A-frame or a overhanging branch; and also added an internal loop so a lantern can be hung up inside. Neither of these modifications compromise the weaterproofing of the tent.

Scott
19-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Hello, where abouts in kent??

CanadianMike
20-09-2011, 01:43 AM
I've been wanting one of those all year, but so hard to find over here in North America........... POO!!!

Notredame11211
20-09-2011, 03:11 AM
23 quid is not that much for a Lavvuu, you should go for it Mike. You may not have another chance anytime soon

CanadianMike
20-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Am wondering the cost to Canada, and the overall cost, not that its that much of a problem, I'm willing to pay for something like this, unsure of payment means, I'm used to email money transfer and paypal, outside of that....... but ya, I'll buy if it's reasonable with the OP.

Humakt
20-09-2011, 06:17 AM
PMs sent to those showing an interest.
Cheers guys.

Ashley Cawley
21-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Nice! Quite fancy one myself.

I think this is same style as what Matt has?.. which I took photos of on a Dartmoor trip a few years back...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0fTpoZcvma4/Sr-1rknGN-I/AAAAAAAAddE/RVkmU_sm9DQ/s640/IMG_5112.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rfw_c1Z_2jc/Sr-34aP4GxI/AAAAAAAAtqg/MYF2yBOoBzw/s640/IMG_5174.JPG

Is that the same style?

Metal mug
21-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah I think that's a lavvu. I've one myself - used it at the Exmoor meet. Very strong and waterproof, if it's put up properly it can last through quite rough weather.

RobbC
21-09-2011, 05:08 PM
What is it made of? Edit- also have you got any pictures?

Cheers, Robb

jus_young
21-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah I think that's a lavvu. I've one myself - used it at the Exmoor meet. Very strong and waterproof, if it's put up properly it can last through quite rough weather.

And it had the perfect test where we were!

Humakt
22-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Nice! Quite fancy one myself.

I think this is same style as what Matt has?.. which I took photos of on a Dartmoor trip a few years back...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0fTpoZcvma4/Sr-1rknGN-I/AAAAAAAAddE/RVkmU_sm9DQ/s640/IMG_5112.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rfw_c1Z_2jc/Sr-34aP4GxI/AAAAAAAAtqg/MYF2yBOoBzw/s640/IMG_5174.JPG

Is that the same style?

Yup, that's the one!
I don't have any pictures of my own one. Actually, I sort-of do. If you click on my blog (link in signature) and then look at the post 'Winter's Tale' you can just see some pictures of it in that.
It's made of dark green cotton canvas. Just like the one in the above pictures.
All I did was add a loop to the outside apex so that it can be suspended from an overhanging branch/external A-frame/log strung between two trees so that you don't need to use the central supporting pole and it frees-up a lot of inside space (no moving around that pole).

Tree beard
25-09-2011, 07:10 PM
H there . . . . . has this been sold yet? . . . . . if not I'll take it please. . . . .ta.

Scott
26-09-2011, 01:16 PM
It has been sold now so im closing the thread, thanks Stephen

Scott
26-09-2011, 01:18 PM
bye

Martin
26-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Have you been buying more lightweight kit again Scott?? :p

Martin