PDA

View Full Version : Neck knife

Realearner
22-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Anyone out there tell me a good place to look for neck knives:confused2: And any suggestions as to make etc, or would it be better to have ago at making one?

CanadianMike
22-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Go for making one, the experience alone beats just buying one, and you'll have much more satisfaction with it. Besides, it'll become part of you, because you put some of yourself into it.

luresalive
22-09-2011, 09:49 PM
It's probably the most important tool a bushcrafter uses, I personally believe all bushcrafters should make at least one knife ( from scratch, no shop bought blades) to gain a greater insight into something we take for granted.

Martin
23-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Go for the Svord Peasant Knife from Heinnie Haynes. Quite a few of us have got these and they are great knives, hold an edge for ages, perfect size for hanging round the neck and they are really well priced. Can't speak highly enough of them.

Martin

Dan XF
23-09-2011, 08:47 AM
I use a cold steel pendleton mini hunter. Small blade but thick and holds an edge for ages. I used to use a boker plue Dozier skinner but found the sheath a little bulky under my clothes.

CanadianMike
23-09-2011, 11:50 AM
That's another important thing I think everyone should try, making their own sheath. I did last summer (before I started making knives), my GB SFA axe sheath was loose, and I liked my new Benchmade Snody Activator+ knife, but not the sheath, so I made, as first leather projects, a new sheath for each.

Realearner
23-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks guys, lots to think about. Might end up buying one to start then take my time and make one.
And a sheath.