PDA

View Full Version : Autumn

comanighttrain
24-09-2011, 08:35 PM
So you lads may have heard we are heading for an early winter!

Anyone got any plans for this Autumn?

I know some of you are heading out on dartmoor for a gear challenge?

I'm thinking of grabbing a bouldering mat and heading into the hills if we get some dry weather....

Martin
24-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Got to get my Dartmoor expedition group leader qualification finished before Christmas. That should keep me busy, if my knee ever recovers. :(

Martin

luresalive
24-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Foraging....

Ashley Cawley
25-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I've been meaning to organise an NBC Autumn meet! If I ever get my act together! :( ... we had a awesome Autumn meet one year :)

Photos @ http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/photo-gallery/naturalbushcraft-bushmeet-autumn-2009.html

jus_young
25-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Autumn? I heard that summers on the way with temperatures in the high twenties.

I think this year I am just going to make a concerted effort in getting out and about with the family. It has been severly lacking for way too long by letting 'things' get in the way. Those 'things' can wait as they never really seem to end anyway.

luresalive
25-09-2011, 12:11 PM

I think this year I am just going to make a concerted effort in getting out and about with the family. It has been severly lacking for way too long by letting 'things' get in the way. Those 'things' can wait as they never really seem to end anyway.

Amen brother !!!!

jus_young
25-09-2011, 05:53 PM
So much for 'things' not getting in the way, I have just spent the last 5 hours recovering my wifes college work from the depths of her laptop hard drive :mad: She is the only person I know that can erase all her work and replace it with blank documents.

comanighttrain
25-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I've been meaning to organise an NBC Autumn meet! If I ever get my act together! :( ... we had a awesome Autumn meet one year :)

Photos @ http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/photo-gallery/naturalbushcraft-bushmeet-autumn-2009.html

Make it happen...would like to spend a day or two in the balmy heat of the south :P

Woodwose
27-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I celebrated the Equinox by burning a load of brash that was felled a week or so ago. Then made a pot of root veggie broth and opened a bottle of mead. Got a bit of work to do on me bender over the next month or so.

Martin
27-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Make it happen...would like to spend a day or two in the balmy heat of the south :P

You know you'd be very welcome!! Looking like it could be nearly 80 degrees on Thursday when I will be journeying to the concrete jungle of the metropolis!!

Martin

Realearner
27-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Well I have two courses booked, first one on the 15th oct Flint knapping which I am looking forward to, with Will Lord.
And the second at the end of the month mushroom foraging, as I want to pick mushrooms but as I don't know enough about them the course seemed sensible.
And I also hope to be taking my granddaughter out into some local woods to have a brew, as I have brought her one of the feet rod fire starters.
All good and I should be going for a little shrimping expedition this weekend.
Think that's all for now,

bigzee
27-09-2011, 04:04 PM

Amen again!

Sometimes you just have to leave what "needs" doing and make time to get into the countryside - now the summer's finally arrived. Of course what you left is always waiting for you when you get home! I want to do an overnighter in the woods with my little girl (before we make that annual mistake with the clocks again). I'm gagging to get out and practise a new tree climbing rope technique, once I've worked out how to make a cambium saver - to stop wear on rope and branch.