PDA

View Full Version : Been Out Filming this Evening & Talking to Buzzards!

Ashley Cawley
29-09-2011, 10:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSOAfUU5e6g

Ashley Cawley
29-09-2011, 10:46 PM
.... you all talk to birds aswell?... right? :ashamed:

Tony1948
29-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Yaar right:D

jus_young
29-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I always talk to things when out on my own. The fact that you don't get any response kind of reinforces the feeling of being with nature. Some animals look at you as if your just weird, much like my kids really, but the more islolated you are the better it feels.
Do you find yourself talking quietly, as if you don't want to impose on the peace and tranquility of the moment?

I do...

Proventurer
30-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Before watching the video, I was beginning to wonder what you guys have been smoking down in Devon & Cornwall, but another interesting video from Ashley and well paraphrased by the choice of music!
A touch philosophical, from jus_young, maybe beggars that old question "if a tree falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a noise"?

Ashley Cawley
30-09-2011, 09:32 AM
...Do you find yourself talking quietly, as if you don't want to impose on the peace and tranquility of the moment?

I do...Now you mention it - the wife does always complain my voice is loud about the house but when I'm out speaking to myself and Nature it's generally a lot quieter ;)

LandRoverMatt
30-09-2011, 04:12 PM
great video ashley

rossbird
30-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Al the time Ashley......they usually make more sense!!!!

Skate
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
There are some great free bird call apps for android phones. I have spent many hours "talking to the birds" sitting quietly in the woods. Robins get very animated being the territorial creatures they are.

Whistle
07-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi Ashley , very insipirational video and some wonderful photos too !!!!
Never really talked to the wildlife , though I have " Fished " for tits .....
No you misunderstand ! Fishing for tits is an old bird watchers trick !
First you find a good spot to sit in the woods , the edge of a clearing for example , then you start " Fishing "
just say " Fish fish fish fish fish fish fish " over and over and the birds are attracted to the high frequencies
in the sssh sssh sssh sound ... Sounds strange but do it for long enough and it brings them in flocks !!!
It attracts other passerines too , warblers , wrens , goldcrests and firecrests you name it , if the birds are in
the woods it attracts them !!!
Cheers Whistle

rossbird
07-10-2011, 10:00 PM
For me the term was always Phishing....not sure the birds would make the differential:)

Whistle
08-10-2011, 08:00 PM
For me the term was always Phishing....not sure the birds would make the differential:)

Naaaah I guess not Rossbird ... I'm sure it'd work just as well if you just Shhhh'd 'em hey !?! hahaha !!!
Cheers Whistle