PDA

View Full Version : A 'Crafty' Hello from Across the Pond

Kokopeli
30-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Hello Gents (ladies too if any are present.) I'm Brian, a fairly new survivalist / bushman from the States. Originally, I came across your YouTube channel and gave a few of the vids a watch. The content was good and delivered in an entertaining way so I thought I'd give your website a look. I haven't had a chance to lurk about yet, but I did want to make an introduction.

A little about me.. I am a 40 year old father of 3 teenagers (2 boys, 1 girl). I have been an avid camper since I was a kid and I am an offroad enthusiast. I consider myself fairly savvy in the wilderness, but after discovering true bushcraft, I realized that I still have lots to learn. Before, I would pack anything and everything I could possibly need, but now I am starting to look at my outings through the eyes of a minimalist. Less is better (though if I am car camping, I may as well live in the lap of luxury) and items that have multiple uses are definitely better than those single taskers.

Being from Southern California, I run into the problem of not having much in the way of woodlands in my general area so just taking off for a quick weekend trip usually requires at least a two hour drive. The good news is that in that two hour area, I have my choice of environs. Desert, mountains, riparian woodlands - it is all two hours away.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know y'all and exchanging ideas and experiences.

~Brian

Oh, and for those who are wondering what a "Kokopeli" (pronounced koko-pelly) is, he is a Southwestern American Indian icon. He is the "god" of fertility and a habitual prankster. I identify more with the latter. lol He is also known as the hunch-backed flute player.

Martin
30-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey Brian, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. Not sure we've got any other members from CA but plenty from other states. Enjoy...

Martin

tinkers
30-09-2011, 08:06 PM
hiya brian
welcome to the site, i'm a relative newcomer myself, its a real friendly site, and the guys on here are really helpful.

seeya

tinkers

jus_young
30-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi Brian and welcome to NBC.

Matt
01-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey Brian,

a warm :welcome: to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards,

Matt.

Ashley Cawley
02-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi Brian, welcome to the friendly community here and thanks for sharing a bit about yourself :)

Metal mug
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Brian like the username :)

Kokopeli
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

jbrown14
03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Hey Brian, welcome from the East Coast: Syracuse, NY. Lots of good stuff to learn, good community on here.

Enjoy!

Josh