PDA

View Full Version : Foraging and Cooking

Humakt
09-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I've added another film to my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXIMkq6fz4c

kesom
09-10-2011, 07:01 PM
good vid humakt,looking forward to your next vid :)

peace ken :)

Realearner
09-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Lovely video, how often do you manage to get out?
And do you always try and forage?

Humakt
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I've been out quite a bit the last few weeks - Autumn is, by a good coutry mile, my favourite time of the year and I find it motivates and enthuses me. Staying in just isn't an option during Autumn (or Spring, for that matter). Hate Summer. It's a dirty, horrid, sweaty time of the year. Mind you, the next couple of weeks are quite busy so I doubt I'll get out as much. We're going out at the end of October and will be doing some hobo fishing and a few other things. There'll be a video of that.
I don't forage that often because I'm not much of a forager - it's the bushcraft skill I most want to develop. Hence my enthusiasm for it. Whenever I go out I have my spotter guides with me to check the things I see. It means my bushcraft time has 'purpose', and I'm actively using my brain rather then just kick back and enjoy it for what it is. But it's a good kind of learning and it feels good when I get things correct. Feels like I'm getting somewhere. There's a place for that, but there's also a place for doing nothing.

Realearner
10-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Got to admit i do forget my guides when i do get out. Must try and put them in the pack.
Hoping to get out later this week, up to my new permission woods. Then try and make positive idents on stuff I see.
Might even try the bannock.

ocean1975
10-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Nice video,
Where abouts on the northdowns was you,i'm often out and about in the downs myself ;)

Humakt
11-10-2011, 06:23 AM
I collected the fruits and nuts from the White Horse woods, at Detling (there's still LOTS of sloes there, if anyone needs any). Then I went over to Boxley Warren for a walk and cook up and to do the filming.

Realearner
11-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Not that far from either, I'm in sittingbourne so again you never know might numb into one another one day.

Realearner
11-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Sorry meant to spell bumb and did not see spell checker change it, dam them checkers.

Martin
11-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Sorry meant to spell bumb and did not see spell checker change it, dam them checkers.

Don't you mean bump? ;)

Martin

JEEP
11-10-2011, 07:03 AM
A most enjoyable - and quite inspiring - video T^

Realearner
11-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Don't you mean bump? ;)

Martin

Dam twice in one day:zombie-fighting: that's the trouble get all excited on the forum and it all goes pear shaped.
Thanks for the pick up Martin, I will now be watching closely.