PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Yorkshire?

resnikov
29-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Anyone in the Yorkshire what to meet up at some point?

Shewie
29-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm up for a bimble somewhere, what you thinking ?

resnikov
30-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Bit of wander somewhere one weekend. Not 100% sure where.

Raikey
30-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Where exactly are you

i,d be up for a woodland wander and a brew up ....

resnikov
30-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Sherburn In Elmet between Leeds and Selby

Raikey
30-11-2010, 04:29 PM
I,m 5 mins down the A1 from you ...

if you find a decent spot give us a shout,..

Shewie
30-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm in Morley so handy for getting about.

I'm up for anywhere really, I tend to do most of my walking in the Dales (Malham/Settle area) or the Peak District. I know quite a few stealth camps in the Lakes but I tend to get up to Scotland every month now.

I'm up for a bimble out somewhere though, plenty of brew stops etc etc :)

jack_in_the_green
26-12-2010, 04:04 PM
hi guys, my name is paul and i run the East Yorkshire Survival Group based in Hull . it was set up in 1995 by a handful of ex TA and regular soldiers who wanted to get out and about with old mates well before interest in all things Bushcraft became so popular (i.e. the pre Ray Mears era) anyway, the group fell into hibernation for a while and i am now in the process of resurrecting it. we have about 6 regular members and about 20 others with an interest, i figured it was about time we got something organised properly in this neck of the woods as most of the groups tend to be down south (as always). we are by no means a group of experts and i have no wish to run courses, just simply to get out with friends and practice our skills. that having been said we will always share tips and techniques with anyone who wants to know, i don't see the point in keeping secrets. if you are interested in getting away for a weekend bushcrafting or walking etc then get in touch, we have a facebook group if you would like to join. most of our sojourns are in the north york moors, the dales or locally in east yorkshire, so no massive expeditions just yet! lol. look forward to hearing from you. paul.

gemgenie
31-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Im Sheffield way - only quite new to this though and havent managed the wild camping thing yet but been getting into foraging since Sept. Would like to meet up with people I can learn more from as I seem to be learning some stuff but a bit unsure as to how to use the skills in actual situations.

jack_in_the_green
31-12-2010, 10:54 PM
hi gemgenie, more than happy to have you tag along with us on a weekend. do you have transport?

gemgenie
04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes ive got transport when are your trips likely to be?? Bit busy up until May due to wedding planning ect .... im not much of a bad weather person anyway, tends to make me grumpy :p

Also what sort of fitness level do you need? because although im no hefalump im also no whippet either.

jack_in_the_green
04-01-2011, 07:44 PM
ha! sounds like you are describing me! :-) we have organised weekends throughout the year, last year it was feb, may, august, sept and dec. but to be honest its not really that structured. if one of the guys fancies going away he just mentions it to the others and if they are free they will go. i also tend to do weekends by myself or with one other now and then. lets face it, we all have busy lives - kids, jobs etc. so it's no pressure. if you fancy a weekend away, let me know when you are free or when you prefer to go and we can sort it - might just be me or could be a few of us. i tend to be rather busy myself between may and october as i am involved in WW2 re-enacting and that is the re-enacting season but i can usually manage to squeeze a couple of weekends in. as for fitness levels, it might be an issue if we are going to the dales to do the three peaks but mostly we just tend to hole up in a little forest somewhere and build shelters, light fires, cook food and shoot the shit for a couple of days and most of the places we go are not that far off the beaten track anyway.

gemgenie
07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Sounds good.

You dont end up Sheffield way with your reenacting do you?? My old boss use to do that stuff - hes obsessed with German WW2 stuff and tanks

jack_in_the_green
07-01-2011, 06:45 PM
usually do the sheffield fayre august bank holiday in norfolk park, but not going this year as there are too many scum who keep trying to steal our weapons! i do british infantry myself, used to german but got sick of being spat at by lefties and patted on the back by right wing extremists... it's a funny old world.

whats your bosses name? i might know him.

resnikov
07-01-2011, 07:06 PM
My Dad's in the 16 PFA for WWII re-enacting if you know them.

jack_in_the_green
08-01-2011, 11:30 AM
My Dad's in the 16 PFA for WWII re-enacting if you know them.

doesn't ring a bell, have probaly seen them out and about but don't know them personally, thats the problem with ww2 re-enacting you know hundreds of people but can't ever remember their names!

gemgenie
15-01-2011, 11:02 PM
usually do the sheffield fayre august bank holiday in norfolk park, but not going this year as there are too many scum who keep trying to steal our weapons! i do british infantry myself, used to german but got sick of being spat at by lefties and patted on the back by right wing extremists... it's a funny old world.

whats your bosses name? i might know him.

Hes called Tom Priestley - not sure what group hes in though Im afraid.

jack_in_the_green
28-01-2011, 07:21 PM
nah, again doesn't ring any bells i'm afraid...

Adam Savage
12-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey there, I'm down the road a little from you but I attend paranormal investigations regularly in and around Derbyshire, could easily go that little further if you have any meets planned. itching to get out and about more, April onward is free for me.

Cheers, Adam.

Ben Casey
12-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi guys Ken and me are doing a road trip I have another thread going about it any chance of us paying a visit in June time?

Adam Savage
12-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi guys Ken and me are doing a road trip I have another thread going about it any chance of us paying a visit in June time?

excellent, so the country will have to step up to amber alert? lol

Ben Casey
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
excellent, so the country will have to step up to amber alert? lol

Yous will be able to see the flames coming LOL

Adam Savage
12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Yous will be able to see the flames coming LOL

I'll listen out for the sirens :campfire:

gemgenie
18-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Hoping the weather keeps this nice for next week while im on hols - want to christen the new tent as long as the weathers good and we get most of the wedding stuff done and dusted at the stat of the week then we intend to pack (lightish) and have a wander.

Anyone suggest anywhere good localish to the Sheffield area where we arent going to get knicked if we pitch up??

Adam Savage
18-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Hoping the weather keeps this nice for next week while im on hols - want to christen the new tent as long as the weathers good and we get most of the wedding stuff done and dusted at the stat of the week then we intend to pack (lightish) and have a wander.

Anyone suggest anywhere good localish to the Sheffield area where we arent going to get knicked if we pitch up??

Not too sure of any places around there to stop, but wherever you pitch, the worst that would happen is you'll get asked to move on. As long as you don't damage anything and there is pretty easy access (not scaling a wall, swimming half a mile or digging a tunnel lol) with no signs saying "No trespassing" or "trespassers will be prosecuted". It only becomes Trespass in the eyes of the law when you have been asked to leave, or have been removed from the site, and go back or they have told you, you can't come onto their land in the first place. Plus, as long as you are polite when they do say hello, then they don't tend to get nasty, unless of course you have an open fire, that's another matter. Any kind of flame can be classed as arson, big trouble there.

On another note, which tent do you have?

gemgenie
27-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Ended up in Pickering on a regular campsite due to needing certain facilities.

We have a Vango tempest 300 and this was the first time we used it. Pretty happy with it to be honest. Enough space for two of us without being to cramped.

Cheap getaway turned a bit pricy though due to purchasing some new kit. Deuter rucksack a new sleeping bag each and the thermarest stuff sack pillows. . . Ouch!!!

Adam Savage
27-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Ended up in Pickering on a regular campsite due to needing certain facilities.

We have a Vango tempest 300 and this was the first time we used it. Pretty happy with it to be honest. Enough space for two of us without being to cramped.

Cheap getaway turned a bit pricy though due to purchasing some new kit. Deuter rucksack a new sleeping bag each and the thermarest stuff sack pillows. . . Ouch!!!

As long as you had a good time that's the main thing, the kit purchases can't really be avoided at times, but least you have them for next time.

klause
29-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Is any going to the Cornwall RV who can offer a lift to my son and I ?

We live in Cheshire and would gladly contribute to travelling costs..

I know it's a long shot but; if you don't ask you don't get - and if we don't get we don't go !

Thank you Iain and Jack.

Adam Savage
29-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Is any going to the Cornwall RV who can offer a lift to my son and I ?

We live in Cheshire and would gladly contribute to travelling costs..

I know it's a long shot but; if you don't ask you don't get - and if we don't get we don't go !

Thank you Iain and Jack.

I doubt I'll be going, but thought I'd let you know I saw your post and would help if I could. Hope someone that is going can get you there.

Adam

klause
29-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks Adam, much appreciated... Iain & Jack.

Lone Wolf
31-08-2011, 11:01 AM
hey im from sheffield also would be good to learn and share bushcraft knowledge let me know when your next out and about :)

Adam Savage
04-09-2011, 08:15 PM
hey im from sheffield also would be good to learn and share bushcraft knowledge let me know when your next out and about :)

Hey there. Welcome to the thread. Learning and sharing makes it much more enjoyable. Everyone has something they can bring to the table, whether it's sharpening a blade, or cooking grub. Look forward to seeing you at a meet some time.

Adam

Silverback
05-09-2011, 01:29 AM

Im just up the road from you near Huddersfield. Too midgy and a bit busy to be out and about at the moment but give it a month and youre on

andy202wr
20-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Thinking of a trip out in north Notinghamshire soon if anyone is interested.

Silverback
20-09-2011, 09:55 PM

When were you thinking Andy ?

Wayne

andy202wr
24-09-2011, 04:11 PM
19th and 20th Nov is my next free weekend. Hope to do something then.

Tree beard
24-09-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm in Sheffield too and would be up for a jolly jaunt, particularly overnight . . . . . I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Silverback
24-09-2011, 07:38 PM
19th and 20th Nov is my next free weekend. Hope to do something then.

sounds like a plan.

Silverback
24-09-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm in Sheffield too and would be up for a jolly jaunt, particularly overnight . . . . . I'll keep my eye on this thread.

I'm planning something 'local' in next 2 weeks with another NB member youre welcome to join us

andy202wr
25-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Will let you know. where are you thinking of going?

Silverback
25-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Dark Peak...bomber country

nat110732
27-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Dark Peak...bomber country
I hear that!!

Nat:)

nat110732
27-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Interested but where in north notts you thinking?

Nat :)

Silverback
27-09-2011, 09:47 PM
I hear that!!

:happy-clapping::happy-clapping::happy-clapping:

nat110732
28-09-2011, 11:38 AM
:happy-clapping::happy-clapping::happy-clapping:

Still thinking of Black clough me owd ??

Silverback
28-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Still thinking of Black clough me owd ??

Err that and one or two more, looking into ownwerships of certain land before I decide - thank god its not this weekend though midges are back in force.

By the way theres a fundraising challenge walk this Saturday in aid of my 'local' MRT £12 to enter on the day interested ?

http://woodheadmrt.org/about/annual-events/2011-grin-bear-it/

nat110732
28-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Err that and one or two more, looking into ownwerships of certain land before I decide - thank god its not this weekend though midges are back in force.

By the way theres a fundraising challenge walk this Saturday in aid of my 'local' MRT £12 to enter on the day interested ?

http://woodheadmrt.org/about/annual-events/2011-grin-bear-it/
yes, me and my daughter are up for the challenge, just gonna have a look at link

Silverback
28-09-2011, 09:48 PM
yes, me and my daughter are up for the challenge, just gonna have a look at link

Excellent. Depending on which route you choose theres a big chance we will bump into each other then.

nat110732
28-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Mate, my daughter is 8, do you think the 'short walk' would be too much? just digging os out to have a quick look myself but fairly new to the area. gonna get a few sponsors too but i've only got a couple o days so i'll get what i can

nat

Silverback
28-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Mate, my daughter is 8, do you think the 'short walk' would be too much? just digging os out to have a quick look myself but fairly new to the area. gonna get a few sponsors too but i've only got a couple o days so i'll get what i can

nat

Theres been a young lad do it every year for the last 4 years he was about 8 when he started. The short route has 300m -350 m of ascent and you know some of the terrain. There are plenty of places to bail out if necessary and its not a race you have 11 hours to complete it in and the medical support is second to none 4 Doctors out on the course plus about 20 MR Cas Carers - its going to be hot though so plenty of water needed but on the plus side it will dry out the bogs

nat110732
28-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Is the 8am start time rigid ?

nat

Silverback
28-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Is the 8am start time rigid ?

nat

Aye, need to keep tabs on everyone and a whole load of runners will be setting off at 1000