PDA

View Full Version : Walking Win Hill, Alport Castles (Peak District) pics.

kINGPIN
02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Me and my mate Matt went for a walk yesterday in the peaks. A very memorable walk for many reasons. Please check out my pics and write up here;

http://thesecretcamper.blogspot.com/2011/11/walking-win-hill-and-alport-castles.html

Hope you enjoy. :)

Reaps72
02-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice pics any chance of the route?

rossbird
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
great pics:)
Ladybower res, a great place to see Goshawks.

Silverback
02-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Aah the Alport Dale, a place infamous in certain circles for collecting lost and benighted walkers - Nice up our way isnt it ?

kINGPIN
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Reaps, if you want the route please head over to Matts site www.peakseekers.co.uk he has the route displayed up there. The sites well worth a look.

Thanks Rossbird :)

Sapper, I can picture that happening! Cracking place, I hope you don't take it for granted? lol

Silverback
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Sapper, I can picture that happening! Cracking place, I hope you don't take it for granted? lol

I never take it for granted that I will spend an awful lot of time in and around the High Peak, usually in the dark, foul weather or invariably both.... ;)

Reaps72
02-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Reaps, if you want the route please head over to Matts site www.peakseekers.co.uk he has the route displayed up there. The sites well worth a look.

Thanks Rossbird :)

Thanks for the heads up I have had a shufty & Nice Site! Will defo keep my eye on that.

Do you reckon there's scope for an overnighter?

Silverback
02-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up I have had a shufty & Nice Site! Will defo keep my eye on that.

Do you reckon there's scope for an overnighter?

I do. but not on kingpins route......not far away though

kINGPIN
03-11-2011, 07:32 AM
I would say yes Reaps if you pick your days wisely. I would be interested to hear your route sapper, feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it publicly on here.:)

Any reccomendations for the next walk? I like to have features/things to explore on a walk.

andy202wr
13-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Good walk done it a few times. great pics too. Try doing it from the carpark at the top of Mam Tor.