PDA

View Full Version : Swedish FireKnife - Mora teaming up w. LMF!

JEEP
04-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I have just returned from a meeting with our supplier of Light My Fire, where I saw and handled the prototype of this knife: http://www.lightmyfire.se/412-147-swedish_fireknife.htm

I have a feeling this one will become very popular. Two of our favourite brands working together, quite exiting!

The price will be D.Kr. 249,- - that is approx. £ 30,-

fatsnacka
04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
very smart the 2 thing you always need in one unit i think this will sell well

rossbird
04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Just wondering Jeep, is the knife based on a existing model or is it new?

Martin
04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Hmm, I wonder if that counts as one item or two?? :ashamed:

Martin

JEEP
04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Just wondering Jeep, is the knife based on a existing model or is it new?

I am wondering the same thing actually. The blade looks quite unique.

Ashley Cawley
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
That is a brilliant idea - Thanks for sharing Jakob!

I would love to get my hands on one and put it through some tests.

JEEP
04-11-2011, 04:55 PM

I'll send you one as soon as they hit the market.

Ashley Cawley
04-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I'll send you one as soon as they hit the market.Thanks for the offer Jakob, I'll keep you updated if I learn anything my end.

A Spring 2012 release date, do you know anymore specifics on that yet?

rich290185
04-11-2011, 07:46 PM

lol hint hint Ash, so would I ;)

Ben Casey
04-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the offer Jakob, I'll keep you updated if I learn anything my end.

Give me a shout I would order one to if I can :)

JEEP
04-11-2011, 07:53 PM

It should hit the store around april.

Adam Savage
04-11-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure I can wait that long...lol :)

Ben Casey
04-11-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure I can wait that long...lol :)

Lets have a bet I bet your out in your shed making one LOL

Adam Savage
04-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Lets have a bet I bet your out in your shed making one LOL

If I had the steel, and I didn't have two knives to finish, three sheaths to finish, and a meet to go to next weekend, I would be lol

Ben Casey
04-11-2011, 09:59 PM
If I had the steel, and I didn't have two knives to finish, three sheaths to finish, and a meet to go to next weekend, I would be lol

Opps is the meet next weekend I better get packing :)

jus_young
04-11-2011, 09:59 PM
SKS relapse! would make a lovely everyday knife and bloomin handy for scouts.

Adam Savage
04-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Opps is the meet next weekend I better get packing :)

Yes it is, and I need to get packed too lol

SKS relapse! would make a lovely everyday knife and bloomin handy for scouts.

There's a good point mate. Scouts would find it really useful.

jus_young
04-11-2011, 10:08 PM
There's a good point mate. Scouts would find it really useful.

Sod the scouts, I was thinking more for me so I can get the fire going for a brew when I let them loose in the woods :D

Adam Savage
04-11-2011, 10:13 PM
hahaha

JEEP
10-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I bought three of these a while ago; one to beet the s***t out of, one to use for scouting and one for Maria.

I have used this knife as my main scout knife for a few months now. I will make a through review at some point (given time). But I will share a few initial impressions here:

1. This knife is the ideal knife for scouts and other youngsters venturing out into The Nature! My scouts (aged 10-12) are all over this knife, when I bring it to a meeting. It is, no doubt, on top of many wish lists this year :)
2. Basicly the knife has the design and dimensions of a Clipper/Companion. Though the stainless steel blade is unique; slightly thinner and with a special grind near the tip (not sure of the purpose). The handle is small enough to fit a child's hans, yet large enough to fit most adult's hands as well.
3. The ferro rod emits a shower of fat jucy sparks when struck with the spine of the blade. Anyone can look like a natural born bushcrafter with this one :p
4. Though thinner - and stainless steel - the blade takes a beating like any Mora knife, holds an edge very well and is very easy to sharpen.

I will go out on a limb and claim that this knife is the perfect back-up blade for longer hikes/treks.

FishyFolk
10-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Seen them on sale in supermarkets here for a while. The price at 230NOK puts me off when I know I can get a Mora 711 for 34NOK and a LMF army sized firesteel for 37NOK, and slap them together with a piece of bicycle hose.

But as a pressent for a kid, or anyone else interested in outdoors, bushcraft, hunting, fishing etc, I would buy one in a heartbeat. Actually it's the perfect knife pressent :-)

jus_young
10-06-2012, 09:46 PM
I bought three of these a while ago; one to beet the s***t out of, one to use for scouting and one for Maria.

I have used this knife as my main scout knife for a few months now. I will make a through review at some point (given time). But I will share a few initial impressions here:

1. This knife is the ideal knife for scouts and other youngsters venturing out into The Nature! My scouts (aged 10-12) are all over this knife, when I bring it to a meeting. It is, no doubt, on top of many wish lists this year :)
2. Basicly the knife has the design and dimensions of a Clipper/Companion. Though the stainless steel blade is unique; slightly thinner and with a special grind near the tip (not sure of the purpose). The handle is small enough to fit a child's hans, yet large enough to fit most adult's hands as well.
3. The ferro rod emits a shower of fat jucy sparks when struck with the spine of the blade. Anyone can look like a natural born bushcrafter with this one :p
4. Though thinner - and stainless steel - the blade takes a beating like any Mora knife, holds an edge very well and is very easy to sharpen.

I will go out on a limb and claim that this knife is the perfect back-up blade for longer hikes/treks.

Thanks Jakob, thats just been added to the birthday list :)

Old Guard
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
( Damn it I just bought a normal one ) .......... this does look very clever and colourful too :happy-clapping: