PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Newcastle upon Tyne

Design
08-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Chris. I've been living in Newcastle for nearly 2 years but come from Huddersfield. I've always been interested in the outdoors/ hiking/
camping etc, but I've decided more recently to learn self reliance and bushcraft skills. I'm totally new to this however so I'm sure I'll have loads of
questions for you guys. I've also decided I want to take up photography and plan on combining the 2 hobbies, so I'm glad to see there are a few
keen photographer on the site.

Cheers
Chris

Ben Casey
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi There from me in Bishop Auckland not far from you :) If you have a look at the Wildlife Trust they have some great sites where you can take photos with proper observation hides and the such. I hope you have more luck than me though if your looking for somewhere to do Bushcraft in the area as I have had none so I go down South to the guys in Lincs or Cornwall. Maybe we could natter about looking for somewhere or compare notes :)

Anyway welcome :)

jus_young
08-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum

Metal mug
09-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

Jack

Design
09-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Cheers mate. My girlfriend works near Bishop Auckland. Thanks for the tip, I'll check out the Wildlife trust. I was thinking I'd probably end up going to Scotland
in the new year to get some camping in and a bit of bushcraft. I have been thinking about trying the Northumberland National Park as well for some stealth
camping.
I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks
Chris

Ben Casey
09-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi There you will have to look around the forum about stealth camping as there is loads on here about it and the guys are really helpfull to :) I cant really do the Stealth side or much walking due to a few problems that I have so I'm more your basecamp sort of guy but I try to help where I can :) I do know that Low Barns has a wildlife trust and they have a photography sort of club and loads of hides. That isnt far from Bishop it is just on the outskirts and they are a great bunch there really helpfull I hope it helps a bit :) There is a thread on here somewhere for a meet in Yorshire for next year so that maybe for you but you will need to chat with the guys doing the Orga. To that over in the lakes there is a big meet on Windemere in the summer personally I thought it was a bit naff but there where a lot of decent people there to :)

Martin
09-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey Chris, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Martin

LandRoverMatt
09-11-2011, 04:30 PM
:welcome: Chris :)

Silverback
09-11-2011, 05:36 PM
eyup Chris and welcome

Ashley Cawley
10-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Welcome Chris :)

Don't forget to checkout the Photo/Calendar competition we're running in the Photography section at the moment - free and easy to enter and there is a prize for the winner! :)

Taylor
16-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Welcome... Not too far away from you, Prudhoe Northumberland... Enjoy the site.. :camping:

LandRoverMatt
16-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi and welcome chris