PDA

View Full Version : Wild camping

Metal mug
14-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Just saw an advert on the travel channel (Sky 251) this morning about a programme called wild camping. All I know is that it's in Wales and it's the second episode. It's being show on Thursday at 8:00pm. Not sure what'll be like but travel channel have done some good series before so I hope this'll be one of them.

WombleWill
14-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the post might have to record it and give it a go, i also like Ray mears on 111 - Dave, but most of all Bear Grylls my idol ;D on 520 Discovery HD. 12PM Extreme Survival

Silverback
14-11-2011, 02:49 PM
theres another new program starting tomorrow on Eden I believe calld wild men or men in the wild....or something similar

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Cheers for the tip I found Metals and have it on record :) but I could not find the other :(

WombleWill
14-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Is Eden on Sky? Never heard of that channel whats the number?. Also theres a good programme thats been on a few weeks now called Ultimate Survival or something along the lines of... On Channel 520 - Discovery HD Channel and Its different celebrities each week go into different places of the world and live there on their own filming themselves and living off the land or their emergency rations having to build shelters and trying to make fires, eally good programme would recommend it!

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Is Eden on Sky? Never heard of that channel whats the number?. Also theres a good programme thats been on a few weeks now called Ultimate Survival or something along the lines of... On Channel 520 - Discovery HD Channel and Its different celebrities each week go into different places of the world and live there on their own filming themselves and living off the land or their emergency rations having to build shelters and trying to make fires, eally good programme would recommend it!

Hi thats finished now it was only a run of 8 with celebs it was funny to watch :) If you havent got sky I don't think you will get Eden mind you I could be wrong :)

Silverback
14-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Eden is on cable channel 208. i think the series revisits classic outdoors shows although not certain as I only caught the back of the trailer

WombleWill
14-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi thats finished now it was only a run of 8 with celebs it was funny to watch :) If you havent got sky I don't think you will get Eden mind you I could be wrong :)
Yeah i really enjoyed the series, hoping they'll do a second. I have Sky, its just i've never heard of the channel called Eden, I'll have a look on the channel list when i get back from work! I liked the episode with the guy who 127hours was based on and Andy McNab

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah i really enjoyed the series, hoping they'll do a second. I have Sky, its just i've never heard of the channel called Eden, I'll have a look on the channel list when i get back from work! I liked the episode with the guy who 127hours was based on and Andy McNab

That was good just goes to show sometimes even the pros get it wrong to me he concentrated to much on the fire instead of other things (andy McNab) :) It is on your list then it is a good channel and has quite a lot of good stuff on it.

Silverback
14-11-2011, 04:04 PM

That wasn't Andy it was Chris 'Ryan'

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 05:37 PM
That wasn't Andy it was Chris 'Ryan'

Cheers mate there all the same to me with there balaclavers on :)

Tony1948
14-11-2011, 05:56 PM
You'll loosing it Ben dont now the diffants between you'r Andys & Chris's:happy-clapping:

Ben Casey
14-11-2011, 06:04 PM
You'll loosing it Ben dont now the diffants between you'r Andys & Chris's:happy-clapping:

I know mate they where always in the dark when I saw them thats my excuse anyway LOL

Metal mug
14-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm always confusing Ant and Dec. Hey! I wonder if Andy and Chris are Ant and Dec? :confused:

Martin
14-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm always confusing Ant and Dec. Hey! I wonder if Andy and Chris are Ant and Dec? :confused:

Ant always stands on the left apparently.

HTH

Martin

Metal mug
17-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Well "Wild camping's on in under half an hour. Hope it's good. :)

jus_young
17-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Just watched it. A pleasant lady riding a motorbike from Ireland to Portugal, using diferent camping methods and trying diferent activities on her travels. It was ok but probably not what you were hoping for.

WombleWill
17-11-2011, 10:05 PM
I agree with the latter comment, it was good to kill 45mins but it wasn't what I was expecting and did fast forward a few pRts but I did like the shelter and the rabbit ;)

Metal mug
18-11-2011, 09:55 AM
but I did like the shelter and the rabbit ;)Same. Also the surfing dinner was nice. :) And it's the only programme I've seen where a woman gets bashed with a stick on the backside :D

Ben Casey
18-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I wonder if I'm a Celeb comes under Bushcraft LOL