PDA

View Full Version : Beer Brewing? ^_^

Bambii
15-11-2011, 07:58 PM
For my birthday off my dad i got a beer brewing kit, I got 40 pints of beer out of it. It's surprisingly good :D

Next time i plan to make beer from scratch, Not too sure how that'll go...

Has anyone else made their own beer? If so any tips for next time?

Whistle
15-11-2011, 08:22 PM
For my birthday off my dad i got a beer brewing kit, I got 40 pints of beer out of it. It's surprisingly good :D

Next time i plan to make beer from scratch, Not too sure how that'll go...

Has anyone else made their own beer? If so any tips for next time?

Good for you Bambii !!!

I would only say it is best to follow a tried and tested recipe , ok to modify weights / volumes slightly to allow for taste or availability but it can go horribly wrong if you stray too far from the tried and tested !!!

Most important though is to keep everything scrupulously clean and sterile ... if unwanted bacteria or fungi are allowed to enter a brew it can spoil the whole batch !!!

Have fun !!! Cheers Whistle

JEEP
15-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Brewing beer is fun, I have been doing it for a few years. I even won the Danish national handbrewing championship in the class IPA, together with my brewing mate, this year.

As Whistle says; start out by following the tested recipes. But, once you get some expereince, start to esperiment :)

Bambii
15-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the tips guys :)

Martin
15-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Might be ready by your 18th Birthday as well Edd. ;)

Martin

Ben Casey
15-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Might be ready by your 18th Birthday as well Edd. ;)

Martin

I was wondering how old you where but I didnt want to ask incase it got political LOL Anyway it is good to see your experimenting save some for the Footsteps next year for me ;)

Martin
15-11-2011, 09:17 PM
He's only a youngster but got a very wise head on his shoulders and is a top bloke in my book. Good on yer Edd and a very happy birthday mate. :)

Martin

Ben Casey
15-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I think he is to and happy birthday from me to :)

Metal mug
16-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Ed's next project - A distillery. :D

Bambii
16-11-2011, 05:30 PM
My birthday was august but i just thought i'd mention it haha :)

@Metal mug Distillery.. Hmmm...

happybonzo
16-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Ed's next project - A distillery. :D

Wine Works website is the one to use for decent stills :) LINKY (http://www.wineworks.co.uk/product/turbo-500/)