PDA

View Full Version : flint knapping

still water
21-11-2011, 10:37 AM
hi all
i have just started to learn flint knapping and glass knapping its a skill that i have wanted to have a go at for a wile.
what i would like to know is if anyone has the names of any good books that can help.
iv made a few platforms for sparks and have been able to make some good arrow and spear heads, for my next one i would like to have a go at a fishing harpoon point.
thanks for any help.

Realearner
21-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I went to a course earlier this year, I would recommend doing one as you will learn a lot more.
Get the books after if needed, this is MHO

still water
24-11-2011, 11:23 AM
thanks for the advice chap i have nowhere local that i can go thats one of the reasons why im looking for books. who was it that ran the course you went on realearner.?

Martin
24-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Check this out:

http://www.woodland-ways.co.uk/book-online-stone-age-weekend-7.html

Martin

Realearner
26-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi Stillwater I went on a course in Kent at Natural Pathways, highly recommended.
However the course was run by Will Lord, and got lucky and had his dad John Lord there also.
But you can do courses at Will's own place in I think Norfolk. Will look for the site and get back on.

Realearner
26-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Back again. The site www.beyond2000bc.co.uk will give you enough info.
Hope this helps.

still water
01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
dude thanks, John lord is a master i bet you had one hell of a good day. looks like a trip to norfolk is going to be on the cards. now all i need do is tell the missis.lol.

Realearner
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Both of them are truly amazing, they cover the entire stone age era. But well worth the visit and think you will learn more in one day than any amount of books, good luck with the missis ;)