PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central Brazil

Pict
23-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I am a long time wilderness survival and bushcrft addict. I grew up in rural Eastern Pennsylvania but I have lived most of my adult life in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. I go by Colhane on YT and also post as "Pict" on BCUSA and BCUK.

Here in Brazil I am a Baptist missionary working in an urban church. As part of my work with youth here I founded the Per Ardua Wilderness ministry ten years ago which uses wilderness survival as an object lesson to teach deeper meanings in life outside the bush. For the past two years I have been working with Giuliano Toniolo in the Bushmater Wilderness Survival School as co-instructor.

Central Brazil is very different than the common image of "Brazil", mega cities and the Amazon. We have a two season climate hot wet/cool dry and terrain types that range from lowland tropical rainforest, mid elevation brush country (Cerrado), savannah, and Tropical Alpine mountains that range up to about 6000 ft.

I look forward to learning here and contributing what I can.

Mac

garethw
23-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi there Mac,
Welcome to this board from northern France. I too am a member of the BCUSA site and have seen and enjoyed many of your posts and videos.
Look forward to reading you in here too.
cheers
Gareth

Metal mug
23-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Mac, welcome to the forum. I think you are our first South American member. :)

Jack

Ben Casey
23-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi there from me to :)

Martin
23-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi Mac, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. Nice to see you've found your way here from the dark side. ;)

Martin

Drphoto
23-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi from the south of France. Great you've joined as my wife is Brasilian and we are hoping to visit again in the next couple of years. I'm hoping to visit the Pantanal next time we are there. Looking forward to seeing your posts and see bushcraft in Brasil.

Tony1948
23-11-2011, 10:51 PM
:welcome:Mac to the forum,good to have you on boad,Atb...........dont get eaten by the bears..............TONY.:cool:

jbrown14
30-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Hey Mac, welcome to the forum. I'm a Northeastern US resident myself, living in Syracuse, NY my whole life. Good to hear from a fellow bushcrafting Yank, and a fellow believer as well. Looking forward to hearing more about Brazil.

Later!

Josh

survivalgirl
30-11-2011, 02:38 AM
hey mac:)

WombleWill
30-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the thread Mac, make yourself at home ;D