PDA

View Full Version : Meet in Lampeter, 27th 28th & 29th Jan 2012

wytchwood bushcraft
06-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Hi all,
Arranged a meet for Jan 2012, £5 each per night, a chance to chill out, do some skill sharing and jus spending some time in the woods. :)

Lampeter Meet dates are from: Midday Fri Jan. 27th -Sun 29th

Please read the following before adding your name to the list

Price is £5 each person per night

This venue is offered for family bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu demo's may happen!

Please bring drinking water and food to last the period of time you will be staying, There are toilet facilites, but if you want to go "natural", please ensure It's buried as not to cause any health hazard

It's fine if you want to:
Be on your own
Lie on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
Whittle
Practise 'stuff'
Practice flora and fauna I.D.
So on and so forth ...

No Dogs

Parents/Guardians:
You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
·Please keep an eye on your children and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
·Please ensure that your children are in bed or, at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during this period.

Fires:
·All wood (or wood type) fires must be contained and/or raised.
·Due to resources rapidly becoming limited fires must be kept to a reasonable size.
·Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around
Cars
Working on parking - update in next day or so

Rubbish:
·There are no refuse facilities on site.
·You bring it in, you take it away.
·If you can’t take it away with you - don’t bring it or, have it brought in for you.

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is first and foremost family friendly, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would purposely or otherwise do harm to others. Drug and Alcohol abuse will not be tolerated- having a few beers is fine but out and out drunkeness is a no no.

Please put your names below, how many nights, and last but not least …Come along and enjoy yourselves.:):):)

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of the above

freedom
17-12-2011, 08:35 PM
hi mate,
my name is phil, I would like to attended this meetup and I agree with all the above rules.

regards,
phil

wytchwood bushcraft
29-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Unfortunately the location has had to change this is now in Lampeter instead will post directions shortly ATB Jono

wytchwood bushcraft
06-01-2012, 08:34 AM
If no one shows any interest by the 20th then I'm having to cancel

Martin
06-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Just out of interest, how many do you need for this to go ahead?

Martin

wytchwood bushcraft
07-01-2012, 12:14 AM
10-15 ideally, but I'd have said 5 at the least
There was one person going but has had to cancel due to work commitments
if no one able I'll try later on in the year, thinking about it I suppose its a bit soon
after Crimbo.
atb
Jono

Martin
07-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Ok, I was just wondering as it may help people to know what sort of meet it is. What's the location like? Is it woodland (I presume it is), is it a formal site? I see there are toilets but no drinking water, is that right?

Maybe let people know what they will get for their £5 per night. Not really too sure what else you can do. If a meet was advertised down here, it would have a dozen people signed up within a couple of days.

Hope you get things together.

Martin

wytchwood bushcraft
18-01-2012, 10:28 AM
CANCELLED

​Due to lack of numbers sorry

Juanodaxis
03-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll be interested in going in the future... when is not sooooooooooooooooo cold :)
As long as is during week ends I'm in. First of all, I need a sliping bag and a solo tent.