PDA

View Full Version : Deer with Locked Antlers

treefrog
06-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Pretty amazing that coyotes ate the dead one while the live deer was still locked on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ddrWqHZqYoA

Bernie
06-12-2011, 07:25 AM
That's a dangerous and good thing they did there. Hat off to them!

Ben Casey
06-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Thats amazing

Tony1948
06-12-2011, 04:13 PM
What a pair of complete dormkofes:shocked:what they did was good but the way they went about it ,both afrayed to get in there and sort it out,and then cut the wrong antler off.I'v seen this on utube loads of times and you'v got to have the bottle to get in there and get hold of the live one and just cut off one point, do's the trick:rolleye:

happybonzo
06-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Ever tried it? It's a bit like separating two dogs that are fighting or a swan with a hook in its beak. Everyone's got an opinion but there are always few volunteers to do the deed :) Sooner them than me

Tony1948
06-12-2011, 06:15 PM
NO I have'ant but I'v separated loads of dog fights and removed a hook from a swans beak and stoped one atacking a group of kids.In my youth I'v allso had to dispatch dear that the dogs have court but not killed out right.For about 15 years thats all I did was hunt with dogs fall time:rock-on:

Bernie
06-12-2011, 11:09 PM
What a pair of complete dormkofes:shocked:what they did was good but the way they went about it ,both afrayed to get in there and sort it out,and then cut the wrong antler off.I'v seen this on utube loads of times and you'v got to have the bottle to get in there and get hold of the live one and just cut off one point, do's the trick:rolleye:

Not everyone's going to have had your experience Tony. They were brave enough to do what had to be done, and the deer was saved a long and slow death so they did just fine in my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would've done it better, but they weren't there to do it. I'm still impressed they managed to do it without harming the deer or themselves.

Tony1948
06-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Im not saying they did'ant do a good job,my gripe is the way they faft about doing it,one guy never took the vidio out of his hand or put it down to help:rock-on:

happybonzo
07-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Fair comment

Ashley Cawley
07-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for sharing! It was nice of them to help, the first time I saw a video of two deers tangled liked this the person shot the other live one to put it out of it's misery but this was a happier ending :)

Personally I think they should have dealt with the deer like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0oWhUeyhU4

No really I think they did a grand job - Don't know why they didn't cut off the dead-deer's antlers but I'm not criticising because like I say I think they did well.

Bushwhacker
07-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I would've just shot it.

Ashley Cawley
08-12-2011, 05:59 AM
I would've just shot it.Fair enough, as long as you put the meat to good use :)