PDA

View Full Version : Paracordist's how to tie your shoes and paracord laces so they don't come untied

Paracordist
16-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Ever since my friend Paul Moore of Pmooreknives.webs.com turned me on to this method, I've not tied my shoes the "old" way again! Here's the video I made:
http://youtu.be/vMSWWFX9XYE
And here's where Paul referred me to learn:
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/surgeonknot.htm

http://youtu.be/vMSWWFX9XYE

Whistle
16-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey Paracordist !!! Really like that knot !!! better'n the old style double bow , held y'boots on but wz a bggr to undo ,

that knot looks so simple , ezy to tie and so quick to release !!!

Brilliant thanks ...

Cheers Whistle

GwersyllaCnau
16-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks for that vid. Think I'll use that in school, I'm forever tying kids laces.

wescobts
17-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Brillant ! I luv that method. My boot laces are forever coming undone. T^

Martin
17-12-2011, 06:12 PM
That's really good. I used that knot on Friday and my laces didn't come undone all day. I particularly like it that you can still undo them by pulling one of the loose ends and they come undone as usual. Thanks for sharing. :)

Martin

Woodwose
17-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for that, so easy but effective. I normally fold my socks over my laces, that also seems to work for me.

Paracordist
18-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Glad if it is as helpful to as it was for me. Please share with others!

rossbird
18-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Fresh snowfall last night, couldn't wait to get out on the moor this morning.
Remembered this tip when lacing my boots, they never moved:happy-clapping:

Thanks for sharing.

chrisj
19-01-2012, 10:14 PM
This has saved me loads of time not having to keep doing my little boys laces up. Even a double bow manages to come undone on him but this doesn't shift.

Martin
20-01-2012, 07:13 AM
I've been using this knot since the middle of December and it's brilliant. I haven't had to retie my laces once since I started using it. A real gem!!!

Martin

Opal
20-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Been using this knot for a few years now and it NEVER comes undone.

Must add, it does wear the laces out in that area tho', I bought new laces last year.

Al21
26-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Just to add myself as another convert to this way of tying shoelaces. Not had a lace come undone since I started to use this either.

Al

GalaxyRider
18-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Another lace trick then, when you are tying laces, especially on walking boots or the shoes or boots of kids. They have a tendency to pull the initial simple knot tight, then let it go while they are faffing with the bows, the result is a really loose knot. Get them to do a double simple knot (or dressing gown knot as it is known in our house, after the knot you tie in a dressing gown cord!), so go through once, then go round again. When you, or they, pull that tight, it doesn't slip loose, it stays tight. Easy peesy.

Try it!

It's also very useful for tying bandages in a first aid situation when you need to keep the pressure on a wound.

Toadie
18-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi Galaxy,

Sounds good, but I don't have a dressing gown - any chance of a vid?

Toadie (Audax)

GalaxyRider
19-03-2012, 05:22 PM
It's not worth a vid to be honest.

When you next tie your shoes, tie the initial simple knot as normal, then go around again. Pull tight and Bingo! It'll not fall loose.

jbrown14
19-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Well I'm glad someone resurrected this thread, because I never saw it the first time around.

The simplicity of the knot just blew my mind, that's great! I'll be using it on my shoes now, and especially on my 3 year old twins' shoes.

Thanks!

Josh

El
25-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Had to try this, lol..new convert here ty !Ty^

jbrown14
25-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I've been combining GalaxyRider's surgeon knot starter, and Paracordists finish on both my running shoes and my boots, and I can't say enough about how freakin awesome it is!

I can't believe I'm just seeing this knot now, but this is the kind of thing that sticks with you and changes the way you do things for life. I'm a convert!

Josh

ChrisP
26-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Looks really simple - I may have to give this one a little try

El
26-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Used this knot on my boots today,it did not budge ..also showed two work mates and they are now converted lol