PDA

View Full Version : SMK XS79 co2-88

nat110732
22-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi all,
Just got my hands on a this chinese air-rifle and having read a couple of reviews, I'm quite pleased with it overall.
I have read that you can mod it to take a paintball co2 cart (7oz-10oz), does anyone know if this is just a straightforward swap or a more involved mod?

Cheers and merry chrimbo to all

Nat

Silverback
22-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi all,
Just got my hands on a this chinese air-rifle and having read a couple of reviews, I'm quite pleased with it overall.
I have read that you can mod it to take a paintball co2 cart (7oz-10oz), does anyone know if this is just a straightforward swap or a more involved mod?

Cheers and merry chrimbo to all

Nat

Local gun shop?

Silverback
22-12-2011, 11:57 AM
http://sportsmk.co.uk/category/co2guns-smkairrifles/

better still the adaptor from SMK is £7.95

nat110732
22-12-2011, 12:54 PM
As you know Wayne during working hours I have to communicate/surf tinterweb on my BB and that my friend has just saved me abouty 2 hrs of fumbling and typos!! Cheers dude ;)
Nat

Helmetbolt
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
All the info you need for SMK rifles is to be found here.

ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org

UK based forum to discuss all things related to all Chinese Airguns

happybonzo
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Get it rebuilt as a PCP; that's what we have done with our SMKs
There's so many add on bits for these guns. You can now get a 6 shot magazine for .22 pellets and .177 ( I think)

Mallard Barns (http://www.mallardbarn.co.uk/shop.asp) should be able to give you all the gen you need

One thing to be careful of is when you load a .177 pellet. The pellet can roll back and drop into the mechanism of the gun. It can be a total pain getting them out. so try and always load with the muzzle pointing downwards

nat110732
14-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi mate,
tried to register on their forum over xmas and although it added me as latest member i could never access the forum personally and couldnt find a way of contacting any of the mods.
maybe i'll try again

cheers nat;)
All the info you need for SMK rifles is to be found here.

ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org

UK based forum to discuss all things related to all Chinese Airguns

nat110732
14-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Get it rebuilt as a PCP; that's what we have done with our SMKs
There's so many add on bits for these guns. You can now get a 6 shot magazine for .22 pellets and .177 ( I think)

Mallard Barns (http://www.mallardbarn.co.uk/shop.asp) should be able to give you all the gen you need

One thing to be careful of is when you load a .177 pellet. The pellet can roll back and drop into the mechanism of the gun. It can be a total pain getting them out. so try and always load with the muzzle pointing downwards

Yes mate so many bits for these guns its unreal what people have done to them.
for not very much money you can mod em to something quite decent, well decent enough for what i want it for anyway!
only thing is cant seem to find a 7oz co2 for less than £60!!

cheers nat ps ta for the link;)

Aaron Rushton
14-02-2012, 05:45 PM
hi nat, just out of interest, what groups you getting from it? always been interested in buying one of these little cheap guns. would make a great throw-around gun for ratting and ferals, where i would be wprried of scratching my beloved air arms.

nat110732
18-02-2012, 12:13 PM
hi nat, just out of interest, what groups you getting from it? always been interested in buying one of these little cheap guns. would make a great throw-around gun for ratting and ferals, where i would be wprried of scratching my beloved air arms.
Hi mate,

At the moment it barn door groupings as rifle came with half empty(or should that be half full?!!) 88g and to be honest until i can get all the new bits and mod it up, its really just a plinker.
As soon as i get me act together and squirrel some cash I'll post some reviews for you pal.
At the moment its still a £40 gun b ut with lots of potential, hopefully!

nat;)

happybonzo
19-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Ours are running at between 30 and 35ft/lbs and yes, they are on FAC. We only use them for rats, squirrels and tourists