PDA

View Full Version : You call that a knife!! THIS IS A KNIFE!

Wrighty28
07-01-2012, 09:56 PM
In response to Ashley's 'Bushcraft Military Dress Code' video,

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1681-Bushcraft-Military-Dress-Code

i think this guy may be more delusional :happy-clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVoi3sS7cYQ&feature=related

JEEP
07-01-2012, 10:12 PM
What is it with total morans and berets!?! :zombie-fighting:

"If the blade stays in the wound, the animal will bleed to death from the inside faster" (?!?)

No, the blade will act as a plug in the wound, causing the animal to bleed to death a lot slower. That's basic anatomy for crying out loud!

He reminds me of a guy, who posted on a martial arts forum I used to frequent, who claimed that he stalked deer and killed them with his katana. He was later banned for challenging the owner of the site to mortal combat btw. (no, not the video game).

Some people should not be allowed to be on the Internet....

jus_young
07-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Have a look at the comments below the video, they kind of say it all really. What a total and utter ............

CanadianMike
07-01-2012, 10:41 PM
What a dumbass! Lol, he expects a deer won't see him when walking though and will actually STRADDLE a two foot wide hole in the ground with a guy in it? Geez.............. I feel like unsheathing the facepalm, but I'm too busy eating right now to bother. :confused2:

treefrog
07-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow. That's just frightening on so many levels. He actually went to the bother of digging that pit, he paid money for those
RIDICULOUS knives, and he managed to find someone who could film him and not collapse on the ground peeing with laughter.

Bernie
08-01-2012, 06:10 AM
What a dumbass! Lol, he expects a deer won't see him when walking though and will actually STRADDLE a two foot wide hole in the ground with a guy in it? Geez.............. I feel like unsheathing the facepalm, but I'm too busy eating right now to bother. :confused2:

Wow. That's just frightening on so many levels. He actually went to the bother of digging that pit, he paid money for those
RIDICULOUS knives, and he managed to find someone who could film him and not collapse on the ground peeing with laughter.

My thoughts exactly. I bet the people who make those swords (I mean knives) wish there were more like him.

At least it'll be easier to just cover him over after he's died of hunger in that shallow grave waiting for a hapless dear to expose it's belly to him.

Wrighty28
08-01-2012, 07:39 AM
My thoughts exactly. I bet the people who make those swords (I mean knives) wish there were more like him.

At least it'll be easier to just cover him over after he's died of hunger in that shallow grave waiting for a hapless dear to expose it's belly to him.

lmao, the only decent thing he's done is dig his own grave haha, i just couldnt stop laughing when he unsheathed that beast!!!! and he reckons he done that twice before.... YEH OK MATE SURE YOU HAVE!! deer would just think feck the trail and dart left or right haha

Ben Casey
08-01-2012, 08:13 AM
You dont half get some idiots in the world.

Saxon
08-01-2012, 09:54 AM
The most worrying aspect of that video is, I think he actually believes what he's saying..:D :D

bigzee
08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
"And some fell on stony ground"

paulthefish2009
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
What a loon!! Iwould like to thinka stag came along and gave him the good news!

Adam Savage
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Maybe a bear will find him, trapped in his shallow grave, and stop him from polluting the gene pool any further??

Humakt
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Ruddy hell.

Realearner
10-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Still think these people are for real, and they believe themselves. I get so much fun watching idiots, but the down side some think that this real bushcraft :mad2:

jbrown14
11-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I was thinking to myself, "Why do all the loonies seem to be coming from the US? Then he said, "...that's when you come up, aboot a quarter way..." and I realized with relief. He's a Canadian loonie.

His name is Troy Hurtubise. Inventor of the bear-proof suit, and some kind of device which allows the user to see through solid objects. Um, not so sure about the veracity of his claims. He might be a little 'round the bend.

Adam Savage
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Not all Canadians are loony, just some of them lol.

jbrown14
11-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Not all Canadians are loony, just some of them lol.

Heh, you're right there. My family on my maternal grandfather's side were french-canadian fur trappers. That's where my crazy comes from.

For beret wearing loonies, though, we're even. The crazy, military clothing wearing, tiny bow shooting guy was from the US; and this latest loon is Canadian. We need to find one from Denmark so Jakob doesn't feel left out. :happy-clapping:

JEEP
11-01-2012, 02:49 PM
No need - all Danes are crazy.... :p

Adam Savage
11-01-2012, 04:07 PM
You have to be a little crazy, or else you'd go mad. :D

CanadianMike
11-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I forgot about that guy!!!! Remember seeing him on TV once in a while doing dumb stuff like someone using a welding torch on his head only protected by some kind of lightweight foam helmet he made. What an embarrassment, but he is quite brilliant, in his own speshul way. ;)

JEEP
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
You have to be a little crazy, or else you'd go mad. :D

So true :)

Opal
11-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I knew I'd see Patrick Swayze on here one day. :)

Must have been let out for the day. :(

Adam Savage
11-01-2012, 10:40 PM
You mean dug up for the day. Poor ol' chap has been dead for a couple years now.

Martin
12-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Well, he did star in the film 'Ghost'. He's made for the role now. :(

Martin

JEEP
12-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Yeah, dead on :p

Metal mug
12-01-2012, 09:06 AM
You have to be a little crazy, or else you'd go mad. :DSeconded :D

Wrighty28
14-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Canadians crazy or not. this guy needs locking up.

Raven
20-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't think this chap will last very long with this method of SUPRISE hunting in a shallow hole, for one he's going to get trampled to death whey before he gets a chance to stab anything with that piece of cheep tat, what a nob!

Wrighty28
21-01-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't think this chap will last very long with this method of SUPRISE hunting in a shallow hole, for one he's going to get trampled to death whey before he gets a chance to stab anything with that piece of cheep tat, what a nob!

well put hhaha

GalaxyRider
14-03-2012, 07:47 PM
He'd obviously never catch anything like that, he hasn't covered himself in slimey mud like Rambo did!

Amazed
19-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Now that's funny! I thought it was specailly funny when he had to fumble around with that sword strapped to his back! Very effective deployment when laying in a hole waiting for a stupid, blind, deaf and olfactory challenged Deer to stumble over him. LOL Of course you only do this when desperate.

craige
12-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Why are people like that allowed out of hospital? What annoyed me though was the title "How to kill a deer with a knife (when desperate & without tools; more below...)" No tools? How did he dig the hole? what were those things that he suggested using to kill the worlds most retarded deer with? Even if he used a stick to dig the hole, isn't that an improvised tool and therefore still a tool.
He'd have more luck getting a deer into a white van by telling it he would give it sweeties.

Old Guard
12-07-2012, 05:39 PM
He IS the tool !!

rosseveritt
12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
He IS the tool !!

Nuf said. :)

KaiTheIronHound
29-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Everybody who does bushcraft should have a friend like this bloke or Mountainous. That way when we bugger up, we'll still look like vaguely competant people compared to that pair of galahs :D

FishyFolk
29-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Everybody who does bushcraft should have a friend like this bloke or Mountainous. That way when we bugger up, we'll still look like vaguely competant people compared to that pair of galahs :D

It's people like this that make me hesitate to wear my excellent camo jacket when out in the woods. Specially when I got my 9 inch blade Leuku strapped to the back of my backpack...lol

CanadianMike
29-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Agreed, every group should have a 'village idiot'. Heck, my group at work has, makes the rest of us look more competent. Lol

Saying this is Billy Connolly should be enough of a warning....... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qenzQaXM6Pw

Tony1948
29-07-2012, 08:21 PM
That vid made me cry with laughter and fall off the chair Mike:happy-clapping:

CanadianMike
29-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Billy has the same effect on me Tony! Lol

KaiTheIronHound
30-07-2012, 03:28 PM
"Now that we've got you out of that hole in the ground, we'd like you to help us with some science!"
"REALLY! I ARE SCIENCE GOOD!"
"Yes, we know, we can tell from your excellent digging skills and knowledge of trauma!"
"YAY! SCIENCE!"
"Ok, please stick your hand in that hole... Yes, that one there..."
"ARGH OH MY GOD **** **** MOTHER****ING **** BASTARD OW OUCH OWIE **** SON OF A *****!"
"So thats what its like to get bitten by a funnelweb spider. Scratch more science off the list!"

This is my bet next time i'm not sure if a funnelweb is down its hole.

AL...
30-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Oor Billy should come with a health warning !!!
That guy cracks me up every time I see him. ......................... Clame to fame ....... Got standing up fallin down rollin on the floor drunk with Billy about 20 years ago in Stonehaven .. One of the best Gigs we ever did.

Cheers
AL

jus_young
30-07-2012, 10:06 PM
The man is a total legend. Would love to see him live but I fear those days are now gone. I have a nice collection of his shows on DVD and no matter how many times I watch them, I still crease up laughing. Its even funnier watching the wife gasping for breath as she is laughing so much.

CanadianMike
30-07-2012, 11:02 PM
He was here last year, still on tour, but I went to see him (took my mom, major fan of his since the 70s, early Xmas gift) Nov. 2006, she damned near pissed her pants laughing, she loved it! And there is one end of his recent shows, where he talks about "Don't be surprised after this show if you, or others, find yourself swearing a lot more than usual.........it's absolutely F***ing normal!" yup, did that in the car on the way home, I cursed about 80% more than usual. Lol