PDA

View Full Version : FREE Compact Camping/Signal Mirrors From Superdrug.

Matt_L
17-01-2012, 12:51 AM
My sister has just picked up a points/reward card from Superdrug in the UK. The front side has a mirrored finish good enough for putting on some lippy as intended. But it is good enough for a camp shave and using as an emergency signal mirror. Being light, flexible and compact it is well worth popping in and picking up for free if you are passing.

P.S. I cannot personally vouch for the claim on the application of lipstick :)

JEEP
17-01-2012, 06:43 AM
P.S. I cannot personally vouch for the claim on the application of lipstick :)

Suuure you can't :p

I have used steel and plastic signal mirrors for some time, for teaching signalling to my scouts. The problem with these is, that no matter how well you protect them, the surface will scratch up pretty quickly. A classic glas mirror may be more prone to breakage, but it won't scratch as easily.
If stranded in an emergency situation, you would want a mirror that is as pristine as possible for signalling. Even only a few larger scratches impacts the range and visuability of you signal - many, even small, scratches can render your mirror unusable for signalling.

Realearner
17-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Surely one of these would be good in a survival tin where it would only be used in an emergency, therefore would not get damaged? just a thought.
Or better still see if you can collect several and stash them.