PDA

View Full Version : Recipes

Metal mug
15-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Does anyone have any fungi recipes? Even if it's just for supermarket mushrooms.;)

Martin
15-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Big round mushrooms (Portabellos), filled with stilton cheese, and wrapped with bacon, or better still Parma Ham and then grilled until the cheese is melting all over the place. Delicious!!!

Martin

Metal mug
16-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm. :rolleye:

MikeWilkinson
22-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Wild Mushroom Soup :- Take a handful of Penny buns, Field Mushrooms and Oyster Mushrooms and fry in butter with with a diced onion and a little garlic, when soft, add enough beefstock to completely cover the shrooms. Add some chopped marjoram ad oregano and simmer for 15 minutes, Blend and add half as much cream as you did stock. Serve with some nice Crusty Bread. Add some dry sherry at the frying stage for a slighty richer flavour if you like.

MikeWilkinson
22-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Here is another.

Chicken of the woods pasta:-

The sauce:-

Fry off a good handful of chicken of the woods with some bacon and diced onion/garlic.
Remove from pan, Bring pan up to heat again and deglaze with some white wine or cider.
Return Mushrooms and bacon to the pan and add two large dollops of creme fraiche,
Stir until a good smooth consistancy, add two handfuls of parmesan cheese and simmer until all blended in.

Add to cooked pasta of your choice - I like it with fresh tagliatelle.

wizardbiz
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
i like to keep it simple, lightly fry the shrooms, on toast (toasted fireside of course) keep the flavour in those shrooms

Ben Casey
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Fried up with Garlic and Cream the a bit of bread for the sauce :)

wizardbiz
03-01-2012, 03:33 PM
amethist deciever or horn of plenty are my all time favourite shroom,s. the horns are getting a bit thin on the ground in oxfordshire past few years, ive had to search the berkshire beech woods for em. well worth the effort tho.