PDA

View Full Version : Deep and Crisp and Even

Humakt
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
On Saturday we had a day out.
And very chilly it was too (the breeze really had an edge to it!).
I'd post some pictures, only they're quite a large size, and this forum software won't allow such big downloads.
However!
If you click on the link to my blog (below) you can see some of our splendid pictures of our splendid day out - and even read a bit about the day to boot!
Learnt a lot that day.

paulthefish2009
06-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Looks like you had a great day out,I wimped out this weekend,been a bit mental at work,although come sunday evening i wish i had.No doubt about it a few hours in the fresh air and peace and quiet does sort your head out.Paul

rossbird
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Enjoyed reading the Blog. Looks like a good day for you both.
Could this end up a semi permanent camp?
I had the whole day Sunday, No wind at all. Plenty of tracks on the moor and in the woods.
Just spoiled slightly by the mist...at least the snow and cold kept most, off the moor:)

andy202wr
07-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Just how I like my pizza !!! Deep pan..... Looked like a great walk. Do you leave your wind break up all the time, if so dont you have any vandles in your neck of the wood. And a great website too.

Thanks for shareing.

Silverback
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
if so dont you have any vandles in your neck of the wood.

Obviously luckier than us Andy ? Wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes up my way.

Humakt
08-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Obviously luckier than us Andy ? Wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes up my way.

Well, we'll see how long it lasts.
I certainly don't expect it to be vandalised - it's quite a way into the woods and far away from any paths. It's not going to be found by kids or casual strollers.
May be found by the more adventurous, or the ranger (if there is one!) - but you'd hope they'd appreciate it for what it is and the shelter and sense of comfort it would afford and the five minutes peace, quiet and reflection.
I'd say the only real threat to its existence would be the pine needles dying, drying and dropping.