PDA

View Full Version : New Guy - Hello from snowy New York State, USA

jbrown14
16-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Hello All,

I ran across this site after viewing a couple of the Natural Bushcraft videos on Vimeo, and rather enjoyed them! I've been a student on my own of bushcraft since I was a boy, and am always eager for new sources of material. Anyway, your site is excellent, and I look forward to poring through the forums at greater length in the future.

By way of introduction, I am a married father of 2 1/2 year old twins (boy and girl); living in New York State all my life (the upstate portion, not New York City) and my backpacking/climbing/camping playground is the beautiful Adirondack State Park. Oh, and like Ashley, I also have a younger brother named Joe. My brother and I are a little closer in age, but it looks like we're just as close in friendship as you two! :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers!

Josh

resnikov
16-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Hello and welcome Josh.

Matt
16-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Josh, may I wish you a very warm welcome to the NBC forum.

Regards, Matt.

Bambii
16-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Welcome matey!! Hope you enjoy it as much as me :D

Shewie
16-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi Josh - welcome to the forum :)

Martin
16-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Josh, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Martin

:campfire:

jbrown14
16-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Gents!

Stay warm out there!

Ashley Cawley
17-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Hello All,

I ran across this site after viewing a couple of the Natural Bushcraft videos on Vimeo, and rather enjoyed them! I've been a student on my own of bushcraft since I was a boy, and am always eager for new sources of material. Anyway, your site is excellent, and I look forward to poring through the forums at greater length in the future.

By way of introduction, I am a married father of 2 1/2 year old twins (boy and girl); living in New York State all my life (the upstate portion, not New York City) and my backpacking/climbing/camping playground is the beautiful Adirondack State Park. Oh, and like Ashley, I also have a younger brother named Joe. My brother and I are a little closer in age, but it looks like we're just as close in friendship as you two! :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers!

Josh
That's great to hear Josh! :welcome: to the friendly community here at NaturalBushcraft!

Nice to hear someone finding us through Vimeo also (it's usually Google & YouTube). If you have only been watching our videos through Vimeo you might also want to have a good look through the website and our YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/naturalbushcraft), as there might be a few videos missing from Vimeo.

I think my brother Joe thinks he's from your side of the pond wearing this hat...
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dzoenG8Svds/TKDzeCrvtrI/AAAAAAAA-NM/MhlanrrL0vE/s640/IMG_3022.JPG

:) Look forward to sharing with you,

MikeWilkinson
20-12-2010, 03:58 PM
A bit late but Hi Josh, Welcome to the forum.

jbrown14
20-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I reject your greeting and substitute my own...Hi! Thanks Mike!

I'll be sure to check out the NaturalBushcraft channel on YouTube, thanks for the heads-up on that, Ashley.

Joe looks like he's ready to ride the range out West, good looking hat there!

Tony1948
20-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi Josh welcome to the forum

jbrown14
21-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks, Tony. I saw your knives in another thread. Very, very nice! They remind me of the work of Anza Knives (http://store.anzaknivesonline.com/catalog/), also made from files. I like the handles on yours better than most of the Anza models, though. Seem to be more intuitively made to fit a hand and not an imagination, if that makes sense.
All the best!
Josh