PDA

View Full Version : A gift for my girl

bikebum1975
17-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Howdy guys and gals
I am working on a love spoon for my girlfriend this is the first spoon I am really getting into finishing. I don't have any pics just yet no camera I'm afraid but I am doing all the work with just my SAK and a hatchet I have that I used to trim down the branch wood is Willow and absolutely brilliant wood to carve specially for a beginner like me. I really can't wait to get a spoon knife come towards the spring but gotta say the slice and chip method has worked well all be it time consuming. he does not know what I am making for her only that I am up to something told her carving her something she goes I don't want anything LOL oh well she's gonna get it anyways. Anyways more towards when I get it sanded down to the finish stage I will get a couple of shots for y'all oh the shape handle has a gentle curve to it and topped with a rough cut heart it's more a decoration piece than a user but that's ok planning to make her a full set of usable ones during the summer anyways thanks for looking and any comments wish me luck
Jim

JEEP
17-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Sounds like a really nice and personal gift :happy-clapping:

I am looking forward to seeing the pics.

Mouldsy
17-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Sounds good mate, looking forward to seeing the Pics.