PDA

View Full Version : Hammock with zip in pocket for roll matt??

skipper
26-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first ever hammock and I've heard you can buy them with like a pocket type thing where you can put in your carry matt and zip it into it...

Sorry if I'm not making myself very clear :-)

Hope you know what I'm on about, if you do could anyone let me know the name and model and perhaps the best place also most cost effective (of course :-) ) to get one from...

Kind Regards

Dave.

AdrianRose
26-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi Dave.

The DD Frontline hammock has an integrated double under layer with Velcro closers that is designed to accommodate a carry mate, self-inflating mattress, thermarest etc

Hope this helps.

Ade.

skipper
26-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Ade,

Thanks for the quick reply!! :-)

It seems pretty good to be fair, do you own one yourself?

I guess the mosquito net is sewn into it and can't be added on optionally.... just wondered about the space needed above if you were using a tarp as well.

Kind Regards

Dave.

AdrianRose
26-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah I've got one mate and I'm really fond of it.

Have look on YouTube, there are a few videos of it by different folk showing it set up. That way you will see the head room/tarp issue you asked about.

Ade.

skipper
26-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Ade,

Good plan on the YouTube, I've been checking it out for some other stuff so I'll look up the DD Frontline Hammock.

Thanks again m8!

Kind Regards

Dave.

GwersyllaCnau
26-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I may not have as much experience as the other hammock guys on here, but after endless hours of research I came up with this Idea.

Basically I bought 2 foot by 6foot of anti slip matting (the camping shop called it breathable groundsheet) put that in my hammock which is single layer then my sleep mat on top of that and it wouldn't move even when I was trying to move it. On the down side you have to put the mat in exactly the right place before you get in coz it's not going to move after. On the plus side it cost me £3.25.

markal17
26-02-2012, 09:59 PM
iv got the travel/bivy hammock its well smart mate you have pockets in side for little stuff has integrated double under layer with Velcro closers plus it has a mossy net there are mods for how to hang them on here and youtube hope that helps

jus_young
26-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Another thumbs up for DD stuff although I am attempting to make a hammock myself for the little bushcrafter who wants to go hammocking with his Dad :)

http://ddhammocks.com/

And their tarps are first class aswell. Watch out though or the wallet will empty pretty fast when the basket starts filling up.

markal17
26-02-2012, 10:03 PM
well said that man i need a loan to pay off me cards lolol