PDA

View Full Version : Heinnie

Dan XF
02-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Anyone been on the Heinnie website today? Check out the new Snugpak Hammocks. Cheaper than DD and they come with a suspension system. As I got my DD for half price I have to say it was more of a bargain but wait for the price war to start now.

Martin
02-03-2012, 08:25 AM
For ease of reference, do you have a link to the page Dan? I find Heinnie's website intolerably difficult to navigate round, mainly because they have such a range.

Martin

JonnyP
02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
For ease of reference, do you have a link to the page Dan? I find Heinnie's website intolerably difficult to navigate round, mainly because they have such a range.

Martin

You need to look in the "Survival" section.. A hammock is an essential part of their survival packs I guess.. http://www.heinnie.com/Shelters/Snugpak-Tents/Jungle-Hammock/p-506-507-7798/

Martin
02-03-2012, 09:41 AM
You need to look in the "Survival" section.. A hammock is an essential part of their survival packs I guess.. http://www.heinnie.com/Shelters/Snugpak-Tents/Jungle-Hammock/p-506-507-7798/

T^

Dan XF
02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I was going to say that I'm a Neanderthal on the computer but it's on their home page and new stuff page. Just come home from Decathlon Sports, £9.99 for a Dark Green or DPM fleece. Bargain.

Johnnyboy1971
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Strange how there not on the snugpak site. Me thinks it might be a DD hammock with snugpack logo, more so when Snugpak are making underquilts that are sold by DD. may be wrong but could just be working together.

happybonzo
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Just come home from Decathlon Sports, £9.99 for a Dark Green or DPM fleece. Bargain.

I'm just waiting for Decathlon to start selling Hammocks :)

Dan XF
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
I never checked when I was there. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

Kernowek Scouser
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm guessing Quechua is the name of Decathlon's own branded products?

Either that or they have cornered the market in selling Quechua products, as there are Quechua products all over their website!

But there does seem to be the odd none Quechua product on there, like the Coleman Bedrook 2 (which I have always though of as a bivi with delusions of tent grandeur) and they are knocking them out the at an eye watering £54.99... ouch! They do a Light hiking hammock (http://www.decathlon.co.uk/light-hiking-hammock-id_8030313.html) for £14.99, but it looks more geared to snoozing in the garden in the summer, than sleeping in overnight in the wilds. Some of the the clothes they do look handy though, next time I'm in Surrey Quays, I'll have to pop in and have a gander :D

Anyway, Going back to the OP, to my untrained eye, the Snugpack Jungle and the DD Frontline do look like one and the same hammock and if they are the same, Heinnie are selling them at quite a discounted price (even cheaper than the DD group buy (http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3048-DD-group-buy&p=40357#post40357), I'm being tempted by). Anyone have an idea what the Suspension Attachment System they refer to might actually be, something comparable to the Complete Whoopie Suspension System DD sell perhaps?

If they are the same hammock and this suspension attachment system is the complete whoopie by another name, then I think this might just be the Bargain of the week!

happybonzo
05-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Decathlon in France always cracks me up. If you go into a Decathlon in September it's not unusual to see 12 bore cartridges stacked up like tins of beans

jus_young
05-03-2012, 10:06 PM
That Snugpak hammock is different from the DD ones in a few ways. The DD bug net is supported at two points by threading a stick or rod through some hoops whereas the Snugpak looks like it has six individual loops. The pocket on the outside of the Snugpak is also something that does not appear on the DD, they have internal pockets.

Shewie
06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I hope they've sorted out the suspension system since I saw the prototype, they had some cheap paracord doubled over with a series over overhand loops tied in, probably okay for a skinny whippet like me but a recipe for disaster with the bigger folk.

I hope they've taken on board the feedback and moved to a poly strap instead.

Elektricgypsy
14-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Rollox to hamox- get a tent- sleep the night away. Who cares who sells what to who? - join the rat race - sucker's. . . . : :camping: