PDA

View Full Version : A video review of the 2012 Frontline Hammock from DD Hammocks.

AdrianRose
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi all

Just to let you all know, I have been lucky enough to have been given one of the new 2012 edition of the Frontline Hammock by DD Hammocks.

Although I state it at the start of this video, I would like to reiterate it here that even though I have been given this hammock by Nick from DD Hammocks to review and keep for free, I feel very uneasy about getting free kit. I dont think that reviewing stuff one has got for free gives a fair and accurate view of the product.

I have no links whatsoever to DD Hammocks and I dont sell these hammocks anywhere, and in the interests of openess, honesty and professionalism I have donated the full retail price (£49) to the Help for Heroes charity which for reasons I wont go into here, I have a very strong connection with.

Anyway, here it is, I hope that you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMiIZ33I6w&list=UU43jQvQHRlmmz_qfXJVlgpQ&index=1&feature=plcp

All the best
Adrian

rich290185
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi Adrian,

great review iam getting the travel tho sandbags bulk buy,

just a quick question if i did the karab mod would you still be able to peg it out with the new tabs and still have enough room inside on the ground?

thanks bud Rich

Kernowek Scouser
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Adrian, this is another helpful and informative video T^
... but not so helpful, I feel able to resist the temptation to participate in the DD group buy :oops:

It is not a question of if I will buy one, just a matter of when ;)

Random off on a tangent question, at the minute I'm looking for a decent pair of walking and bushy pants, what are the ones you are wearing in this video?

Cheers,

Colin

rich290185
07-03-2012, 07:58 PM
lol do it do it!!!!!! :D

AdrianRose
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Hi Rich

Yep I reckon that there would still be loads of room, as i said in the video there is loads of spare material at the ends that would ordinarily be gathered up and even with a 'biner mod it should still be ok.

Hi Adrian,

great review iam getting the travel tho sandbags bulk buy,

just a quick question if i did the karab mod would you still be able to peg it out with the new tabs and still have enough room inside on the ground?

thanks bud Rich

AdrianRose
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi colin

Thanks for the comment mate, the trousers are called "Haglofs Rugged Mountain Pants", great pants but cost a bloomin' fortune. I only earn minimum wage and had to save, beg, borrow, steal and talk to SWMBO very nicely before I got them.

Ade

Adrian, this is another helpful and informative video T^
... but not so helpful, I feel able to resist the temptation to participate in the DD group buy :oops:

It is not a question of if I will buy one, just a matter of when ;)

Random off on a tangent question, at the minute I'm looking for a decent pair of walking and bushy pants, what are the ones you are wearing in this video?

Cheers,

Colin

Ben Casey
07-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Cool review :)

Ashley Cawley
07-03-2012, 08:55 PM

thanks bud RichIf you used two krabs per end (as I used to do) you could have the first krab completely the loop near to the hammock material, that way you could just undo the krab to undo the loop and allow you to free up the material, hope that made sense :confused:

AdrianRose
07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Good answer Ash buddy.

Ade.

rich290185
07-03-2012, 09:31 PM
If you used two krabs per end (as I used to do) you could have the first krab completely the loop near to the hammock material, that way you could just undo the krab to undo the loop and allow you to free up the material, hope that made sense :confused:

so remove the loop with the first krab (hammock end) and re-thread to hang it?

to be fair ill props never use it as a bivvy but you never know

thanks guys

Kernowek Scouser
07-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Cheers fella, they do look the business but you are not wrong about them being a tad pricey. One for the wish list, I think

Thanks again.

Hi colin

Thanks for the comment mate, the trousers are called "Haglofs Rugged Mountain Pants", great pants but cost a bloomin' fortune. I only earn minimum wage and had to save, beg, borrow, steal and talk to SWMBO very nicely before I got them.

Ade

rossbird
08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Enjoyed the vid Ade.
Not sure you need to get hung up re the freebie. You put the info out there, as long as you know the review was impartial, no problem.
Of course the decision is your to make, whatever your comfortable with.

AdrianRose
08-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Enjoyed the vid Ade.
Not sure you need to get hung up re the freebie. You put the info out there, as long as you know the review was impartial, no problem.
Of course the decision is your to make, whatever your comfortable with.

Cheers buddy.

Like I said in the video, I'd rather be completely open and transparent about the whole thing.

Ade.

Wham666
10-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Great review Adrian, some useful new features on the hammock.
:)

happybonzo
11-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Mrs Bonzo keeps on about wanting a Hammock. I wish there was somewhere she could just try getting into one first as I can't see her using it

jus_young
11-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Mrs Bonzo keeps on about wanting a Hammock. I wish there was somewhere she could just try getting into one first as I can't see her using it

Give me a PM when you're down this way and I can always pop round with mine. Only need a couple of trees handy and she can see what its like before forking out for one.

Fletching
11-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Top review again Ade.

T^

Steve :)

AdrianRose
11-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks a lot for all the comments people.

I've had a chat with nick from DD Hammocks and the release date for the 2012 versions is around the 22nd March.

Ade.

biker-bri
22-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone, have any of you made your own ? I am planing to give it a go with either ripstop nylon or dacron sail polyester, any advice would be helpful. Cheers Bri