PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a sleeping bag under £60?

Juanodaxis
08-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Do you guys could suggest a decent sleeping bag for under £60. All I want it for is spring summer and autumn, well, maybe just spring summer and early autumn. Not really for the really cold weather. It should be quite light too.
Thanks guys. :D

RobbC
08-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Id recomend the Haglofs Zensor i season, its a bot more expensive at 75 ish, but its warm, light compact, and dead comfy to sleep in, im sure JEEP will agree about the zensor range :)

Hope this helps, Robb

Basha72
09-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Ex army surplus one will be fine you may even get hold of the modular sleeping system if your lucky that way you can even try a bit of winter camping and in the summer/ warmer months you can get away with the inner summer bag/ blanket

They do a nice color range of green green and green lol

Basha

jus_young
09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Check this thread http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2522-Sleeping-bag-advice

Juanodaxis
09-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the hellp guys, and that link to the old thread was god send. Thank you very much. I did look for another thread, but I'm afraid that I was to dull to use the search feature of this forums, sorry.
I'm actually looking at the new Snugpak Chrysalis 1 that I spoted in the heinnie website, and is only a kilo, like the Haglofs Zensor 1S, and it have a temperature range of between 7 to -2 and that is plenty for me.
Eventually, I may even get one of them army surplus ones, they look warm and would do nice for days that wont require a load of walking.
I got a really good sleeping bag that was left in my missus parents house many years ago, one that aparently you should be able to cope with minus 25 celsius, yeah, I know, right? I have never been able to use a sleeping bag that cold, and I don't really plan to, but as a winter bag it was amazingly warm, hopefully it still is, and with a bit of luck I may be able to get my hands on it. The only problem with it is that is quite heavy, and very old, very, very old.

EDIT:
Actually, the Snugpak Chrysalis 1 temperature range is from 7 to 2, no to minus 2, the Snugpak Chrysalis 2 got a range of 2 to minus 2, and weighs 1 kilo 300 grams. So for the extra warm you have to carry an extra 300 grams. This to me makes the Haglofs Zensor 1S a more interesting option now with a more cold resistance temperature range, however, I supose that if I use a sleeping bag liner I should be able to withstand lower temperatures with the Snugpak Chrysalis 1, making it a multy season bag? Am I complicating my self too much with this or this is a normal thing to do, use a light bag with liners?

Juanodaxis
10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, after much comparing this and that I finally decided to go for the Snugpak Chrysalis 2, and I'll get a liner some time later on the year to make it a bit more cold friendly.
Thanks for the info guys.