PDA

View Full Version : After the end of the world???!!!!

beefcrisps
08-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I have been pondering this question for a little while, and considering the civilisation is going to end at the end of the year!!!! ;)

Where in the world would be the safest place to live? considering natural disasters eg earthquake/ tsunami/ tornado/ super volcano etc etc etc.... and when the political and local populace are also taken into account?

It's just one of those 'what if?' questions I like to think about at times, and just thought it might start a little debate.

In preparation you just have what you can carry in a rucksack and no prepositioning of equipment.

Martin
08-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Given that the world is going to end, I'm afraid I can't tell you where the safest place to be will be. ;)

Martin

happybonzo
08-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I'd like to suggest in the Snug at Mrs Miggins Olde Worlde Pye Shoppe but I expect that Martin's probably more on track :)

Metal mug
08-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm gonna say the International space station. :D Not sure What I'd do when the food and water ran out though? Hmmmm...... Sounds like the plot for a new channel 4 reality TV programme - Last person alive wins £500.

AdrianRose
08-04-2012, 09:35 PM
If ever there was a nuclear attack on Britain, the first thing I would do is jump in my daughters bedroom waste paper bin because nothing ever hits that!!

Messy little beggar.

;)

Ade

Dan XF
09-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Seeing as I live 3 miles from the Aldermaston/Burghfield complex where the Trident warheads are put together then I expect that the area around here will be turned to ash coloured glass. Not much point worrying about it, ain't going to feel a thing.

Ben Casey
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
According to Yahoo it isnt going to happen :D

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/earliest-mayan-calendar-shows-no-hint-world-end-175153101.html

AL...
11-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Bet ye thats gonna be the day I catch a record breaking Salmon!

Cheers
AL

CanadianMike
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM
I have a feeling that the end of the world will reduce my customer base by a fair amount...... :(

bronskimac
12-05-2012, 05:10 PM
In preparation I occasionally visit Dundee city centre at midnight Friday or Saturday. The transition from pub to nightclub can be quite chaotic. I dread to think how it is at club kicking out time. Fortunately, I'm well past the clubbing age. Makes me want to upgrade the armour in my bike clothing.

comanighttrain
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Up a Ben with a shovel, as many rats as i can carry and a good bottle of whiskey... Dig hole/cave, cover hole/cave entrance... get drunk. If still alive when recovering from alcohol then act like survival is possible. Might even take the girlfriend if she isn't whining.

Proventurer
13-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Where in the world would be the safest place to live? considering natural disasters eg earthquake/ tsunami/ tornado/ super volcano etc etc etc.... and when the political and local populace are also taken into account?

They got it right in the film 2012, come to South Africa, nothing ever happens here, (nothing interesting, anyway!) then you could pass the rest of your life at your leisure (probably end up dying of boredom).