PDA

View Full Version : cutting a tree with mora!

therealmow
23-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Found this awesome video check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZZj-5A9u0&feature=grec_index

GaryBeaner
23-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Blinkin Blimey!

Ashley Cawley
23-12-2010, 05:47 PM
lol.. wow! I've not seen that second method! Thanks for sharing. Obviously the second method isn't recommended & it's a lot more damaging to your knife (if it has a flaw in the steel it'll break), but still these tips'n'tricks are worth knowing if you had to.

The first method I use regularly on saplings, but it's worth noting that style of cut leaves the tree open to infection & won't stimulate growth back there so it's worth cleaning up the cut afterwards.

luresalive
23-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Not a great way to treat your knife, especially if you are in a situation where you are depending on it, but it shows what these babies are capable off..why does anybody use anything else?????

Northwoods
24-12-2010, 09:14 AM
I reckon if you need to try cutting down a tree with your knife, you are going to need to keep your knife intact even more…Still a cool trick if you have a box-full of Moras to play with

NW

JEEP
26-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Oooh! That poor poor knife.... This i why I never let anyone borrow my knives :eek:

The first technique is quite brilliant, I remember having seen my dad use it a few times, but I had actually forgotten about it.

The second, though seemingly effective, is imho. not a way to treat ones trusted knife. It may be ok for the highly unlikely "if I do not get this tree down right now, I/someone else, will die/get hurt badly" kind of situation. For any other situation; go get an axe, machette, saw or leuku :zombie-fighting:

Notredame11211
27-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Ouch that looks hard on that knife!